Complaint Review: Lyons A/C & Heating

• Updated: Mon, September 02, 2013

• Reported By: Dmitri — Plano Texas
Lyons A/C & Heating
101 Becky Ln Ste 102 Rowlett, Texas USA

Lyons A/C & Heating Lyons Air Conditioning & Heating, Lyons Heating And Air Conditioning, Lyons AC Repair These guys made my family sleep in 90 degrees hot house. Rowlett Texas

These guys showed up at my house to fix AC while the weather outside was over 100 degrees.  The technician decided to take me for a fool and switched the electric wires first and told me that this AC that has been working for 20 years was not properly connected.   Then he took the panel off my compressor and started a 10 min process of changing the capacitor.  Right after the panel came off he as a matter of fact presented me with what he called "Fixed Pricing for West Plano" (i.e rip off pricing for people in the affluent area).  The price in addition to 89 dollar trip charge was 325 for switching the wires ( 2 min of unneeded job) and 325 for capacitor install (10 dollar part plus 10 min labor).  When I asked where did this pricing come from they told me that if I did not want this done they would just close everything up and leave thinking that I would cave under the pressure.  When I asked for the pricing flexibility, I was given some stories about technician's kids needing to eat and 30 year of his invaluable experience.  However price did not change and the tech just left leaving in his trail my family to suffer over night. The next day I found the capacitor and changed it myself 10 min job and 10 dollars part.  I also checked with a few AC companies and was told that the normal fee for this service is between 150-200 which I would gladly pay not to have my family suffer.

These guys totally wanted to take advantage of my disatvangages situation and therefore deserve to be called out in the Rippoff Report for running a dishonest business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2013 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lyons-AC-Heating/Rowlett-Texas-75088/Lyons-AC-Heating-Lyons-Air-Conditioning-Heating-Lyons-Heating-And-Air-Conditioning-1080920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lyons A/C & Heating