Complaint Review: Lyons Insurance & Real Estate

• Updated: Thu, September 12, 2013

• Reported By: David&Goliath — Lynn Indiana
Lyons Insurance & Real Estate
31 South 8th St PO BOX 67 Richmond, Indiana USA

Lyons Insurance & Real Estate Mike Lyons Mike Lyons Insurance ran Fraudulent Unethical Business Scheme Richmond Indiana

I was asked to become a partner of Lyons Insurance & Real Estate, Inc. by Mike Lyons (owner) in 2004.  I agreed.  He then invited me to become a member partner of an Insurance Group that serviced county entities (Wayne County Insurance Services, Richmond, IN).  The 11 member group split the commissions each year with each member taking home 2 commission checks annually.  I was duped out of my commissions and instructed to deposit my commission checks into our agency (Lyons Insurance & Real Estate, Inc.) advising me that this is how its done in businesses.

Meanwhile Mike Lyons kept his commissions personally.  Mike Lyons of Lyons Insurance conned me into believing he was making me a "partner" in his agency.  And that putting my commissions into "our agency" account would be "investing" and growing our "mutual business". [continued below]....
.....  In the 8th year of this partnership, I decided I did not want to "invest" in our agency and was threatened and fired.

Mike Lyons then had his friend, the Wayne County Prosecutor, Mike Shipman (whom he vacations with in Vegas) bring charges of theft (for cashing my OWN CHECK payable to ME) to intimidate me into giving Lyons my commission check.

No one seems to want to take on this powerful group.  The prominent business owners control the Wayne County Commissioners including Prosecutors office.  Even attorneys are backing away fearing the County may damage their careers in Wayne County.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2013 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lyons-Insurance-Real-Estate/Richmond-Indiana-47374/Lyons-Insurance-Real-Estate-Mike-Lyons-Mike-Lyons-Insurance-ran-Fraudulent-Unethical-Bu-1083874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lyons Insurance & Real Estate