Complaint Review: Maaco

• Updated: Mon, October 21, 2013

• Reported By: Ken — Independence Missouri
Maaco
2605 Hub Drive North Independence, Missouri USA

Maaco Jeremy and Mike wanted to know how much the insurance paid eventhough I was getting a quote from them. Then they tried to hold my car hostage for my signature to a receipt that said I was satisfied and accepted the work they did. Independence Missouri

Jeremy and Mike asked me if insurance was involved in my fender bender.  I told them yes but then they wanted to know what the quote was that the insurance company gave me.  I told them that I had already been paid by the insurance company and that was none of their business.  I could tell this upset them because they kept saying they go by the insurance company's estimate.  This may fly with a moron but I am not a moron. I asked them to give me a bid on the repair work and they did.  What was worked out between the Insurance company and myself is none of their business.  They need to stick by their own bids or estimates.

Furthermore, I was not satisfied with the repair work they did.  The molding was not straight and I could see a clear wave in whatever was reflected in the panel they repaired.  They didn't seem to care and they acted like they couldn't see it. [continued below]....

.....  I took pictures of it and everyone who has seen it agrees with me... it was shoddy work.

They then took actions to keep my car until I paid the full amount and then threaten to charge me storage fees for every day I refused to pay.  I told them that wasn't necessary because I was going to pay the total amount on the invoice but I was planning on taking them to small claims court.  So I paid the bill in full and then they handed me a receipt that they wanted me to sign.  My signature was to be placed in a box that said I had inspected my vehicle and I was satisfied and accepted the work they did... etc etc..   I then told them I was not going to sign it so they went back to the previous tactic in telling me "we cannot release the car to you unless you sign it"!!!  I threatened to call the police on them and I was in the process of calling the Independence Police Department when they suggested that I write whatever I wanted on that receipt before signing it.  Which I did.  The repair work is still shoddy and I paid full price for it.  They refuse to honor their warranty on their work.  I contacted the Missouri Attorney General about them trying to hold my car hostage for my signature and I hope they are investigated.

To be fair, the paint job appears to be acceptable for now.........  Guess I will see if it holds up to their 4 year warranty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2013 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maaco/Independence-Missouri-65055/Maaco-Jeremy-and-Mike-wanted-to-know-how-much-the-insurance-paid-eventhough-I-was-getting-1093539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maaco