Complaint Review: MAACO

• Submitted: Thu, December 06, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 06, 2012

• Reported By: DreadHead84 — Charleston South Carolina United States of America
MAACO
1974 Sam Rittenberg Boulevard Charleston, SC 2940 Internet, South Carolina United States of America

MAACO Unauthorized, Disrespectful, Unprofessional, Fraud, Responsible, Liars, Lies Internet, South Carolina

I was invovled in a hit and run in downtown Charleston, and had body damage to my vehicle behind my rare passanger tire (right side of vehicle). I had my vehicle towed to Maaco the following day, and from that point on, hell.

The woman by the name of Keshia could not give me an estimate. She told me that my vehicle had to be sent to there shop next store, never implying that it was another company not affiliated with Maaco. It took several days to get an estimate on the vehicle, and they lied of multiable occassions telling me when my vehicle would be ready.

When I finally got my vehicle more than two weeks later. Keshia told my sister my vehicle was at Firestone next to there shop when we went to pick it up. Which I never authorized Firestone directly to work on my vehicle. All of my calls were made directly to Maaco during the whole period my car was being service. [continued below]....
.....

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Buerea, because of the poor service I recieved and how they lied thoughout the whole process. They responded disassociating themselves because the service was done as Firestone.

I got into a second accident, which could have resulted in death. Dued to the service Firestone performed on my car. My car 360 around as I was switching lanes, I was going less than 25 miles per hour and the accident happened in slow motion. When my car 360 around and hit the medium I was facing oncoming traffic.

I have contacted both of these companies, and have yet to recieve a refund for the repairs that were made to my car. I could sue them for the damages my vehicle obtain from the second accident, but I didn't want to go through the trouble of having to take it to court.

A woman from Maaco told me that Maaco is not responsible for the damages to my vehicle, and are not taking responsibility for sending my car to Firestone without my authorization.

I have phone records proving that during this process, all my calls were directed to Maaco and not Firestone. The store manager and the people from there corporate office are very rude.

Now I am out of a vehicle and have no transportation to get to work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2012 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MAACO/Internet-South-Carolina-29403/MAACO-Unauthorized-Disrespectful-Unprofessional-Fraud-Responsible-Liars-Lies-Intern-978736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MAACO