Complaint Review: Maaco

• Submitted: Fri, June 24, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, July 15, 2012

• Reported By: Wendy — Ocklawaha Florida United States of America
Maaco
12250 SW 117 Ct., Miami, FL 33186 King of Prussia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Maaco Maaco in Miami Worst Paint Job ripoff King of Prussia, Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Ocala Maaco ROCKS!

I brought my vehicle in to have the rust on the roof repaired in 2/09. 10 months later the roof was in the same condition as it was before I took it to Maaco. When I brought it back, they wanted to charge me $458 to redo it and once again, no warranty. Feeling outraged and not able to trust them I checked with local shops for estimates. Both local shops couldn't believe the terrible job Maaco had done. In the meantime, I moved out of South Florida to North Central Florida where I took the vehicle into the Maaco in Ocala. They, also, were in disbelief over the condition of the work the Miami shop did. Rust was showing and the paint peeling. They said I was covered under the warranty at the time I brought the vehicle back to Miami when they tried to charge me a 2nd time and that I should contact the corporate office, which I did. The corporate office was no better than the Miami Maaco and basically said they couldn't do anything since I was out of warranty, even though I had explained that I tried to do something while it was still under warranty. Each shop is independently owned and the Ocala shop seems to be genuinely concerned about their customers and so I will let them fix the botched up mess Miami did and hope I don't get bit twice by these sharks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2011 06:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maaco/King-of-Prussia-Pennsylvania-/Maaco-Maaco-in-Miami-Worst-Paint-Job-ripoff-King-of-Prussia-Pennsylvania-744772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maaco

Ocala Maaco ROCKS!

AUTHOR: Wendy - (United States of America)

I promised Maaco in Ocala I would report back on their work. Although I intended to report way before now, I can say that their work has withstood the test of time since it has been a year and my vehicle is still looking as good today as it did when I picked it up from them. There's no words to describe the difference in service and quality of work between Ocala and Miami. The owner went overboard for me in trying to make up for the Miami shop's poor, poor job they did when he wasn't obligated to as each Maaco is independently owned and operated. They (Ocala) have earned my trust and I wouldn't hesitate to go back or recommend that shop to anyone. Miami Maaco, you may want to take a lesson on how to treat your customers from the Ocala shop.