agents

• Updated: Thu, June 27, 2013

• Reported By: Brandy — Gray Tennessee
Mac Authority
2011 N Roan St Johnson City, Tennessee USA

Mac Authority Macauthority told me my phone could not be replaced under warranty due to water damage which I can prove to not be true. Tried to charge me $149.99 for a replacement phone!! Johnson City Tennessee

I went to Sprint on June, 3 because of issues with my phone. The tech inspected it and said there was no damage on mfave half and told me to go to Mac Authority and under warranty they would give me a new phone right there in the store. I went to Mac Authority on June, 3 and the guy inspected it and told me about water damage to the phone. I said NO way!!! I was just online when the phone started freezing and I told them they could call Sprint to verify that there was no water damage. They refused and said I would have to pay $149.99. I was shocked and upset and left. The next nearest Apple store was 3 hours away in Knoxville, TN. I decided tot drive there and have faith they would exchange it under warranty and they did. They noted NO water damage and he immediately replaced my phone. I was glad it was not a waisted trip but I spent $40 had there and back and an entire day of my time . That was the main Apple store and I had to make an appt and wait several hours to be seen but it was worth it. On the way back I called Macautjority and let them know how upset I was and told them they can call the Lnoxville Apple store as proof that my phone was not water damaged. The rep on the phone apologized. I am still upset that they tried to rip me off and did rip me off by me having to drive so far just to get a replacement. I'm sickened by the experience and would never do business there ever again!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2013 05:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mac-Authority/Johnson-City-Tennessee-37615/Mac-Authority-Macauthority-told-me-my-phone-could-not-be-replaced-under-warranty-due-to-w-1062698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mac Authority