Complaint Review: Mac Haik Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram

• Updated: Fri, November 22, 2013

• Reported By: Nae78 — Cypress Texas
Mac Haik Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
11000 North Fwy Houston, Texas USA

Mac Haik Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram Fraudulent charges, False advertising, and Shady business tactics Houston Texas

*Author of original report: Ok....

*Consumer Comment: Cutting To The Chase

Went to the dealership with a pre-approval from my preferred financing vendor and gave it to them and let them know the truck I was interested and the price on the website that was $28,143   sales person Jeff said he had to check that because he does not know pricing. Jeff called and told me that everything went through and i could pick up the vehicle i chose the next day. When i got there we went over all the terms on a 4 panel bidding sheet he told me that the price was now 29,999 because the website shows cash only prices I let him know that was not listed anywhere and he said he understood but that was a cash price and they could not honor it I told him i would agree to that price if they paid off my trade in (2735) and gave us 2000 down he agreed and we both signed the paper.

They then took me to financing and explained all the details as we spoke I said that was correct and then they explained that they could not use my preferred vendor and preapproval because they declined me I asked why and he said because of my debt to income ratio and called someone over at my lender to "verify" I said reluctantly agreed because I did not understand how i could get denied after a preapproval ( later I spoke with my finance company they said the reason they said no is because the price was hiked up and it was a 2010 at 95000 miles so the pricing was not approvable) .....they then had me sign and initial blank documents for the truck and handed me brochures for the warranty they said they provided for gap coverage and a 1yr warranty later the finance guy ran them through the printer folded them and handed them to me and said congrats on the car.

It was not till I got home and was about to add insurance to the vehicle that I saw they changed most of the information from what we agreed on they put a higher price for my trade in pay-off and then listed that we still owed them 900 so they never added the pay-off and additional 2000 dollars for it then said my 1000 dollars was a 100 dollar payment (guessing they were going to use the rest of it on the trade in) so now they have us listed for a 2010 truck at 680 for 72 months they never added the 2735 to pay off the vehicle and they have a trade in . I went back to speak with the finance guy he directed us to the used car manager and That gentle man (I use the term very loosely) basically did not address the blank documents the higher pricing or they did not pay off my truck and provide the 2000 we agreed on the company said they have a signed contract and i better come up with the money or i get a repo.

I let them know there was no way we could afford the vehicle with the pricing they put on the contract and they were not concerned one bit I was quite appalled by his behavior overall until I spoke with the General manager showed her the documentation proving the numbers were wrong and asked her to produce the worksheet we signed prior to going to finance and she did not care either and told me to leave her dealership. So now i know even though I was referred to the company from my finance company they were out to rip me off from the moment i walked in there I cannot blame that on my lender because I felt that the company would work in the best interest of me and the referral company but I have quickly seen that is not the case they are liars and cheats and they ALL practice dirty tactics in that particular dealership to line their paychecks at the customers expense

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2013 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mac-Haik-Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep-Ram/Houston-Texas-77037/Mac-Haik-Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep-Ram-Fraudulent-charges-False-advertising-and-Shady-busines-1101437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mac Haik Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram

Ok....

AUTHOR: Nae78 - ()

Yeah I beleieved the information that they had on the presale paper and Yes I understand that me signing those papers blank I am a contributer to the issue. However I am letting people know who may also have the belief that you are referred somewhere from a company you do trust does not always mean that the company that you are currently with will do the right thing. I am sure there are people just like who have the same thought process and believe if someone lets something happen to them they must deserve it .....well I am not that kind of person .....sometimes there are just bottom feeding people. People who do things like this and just think the whole world should be this parinoid mess of crappy people wondering who is getting over on them is not my idea of a worldy fix

Cutting To The Chase

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

What you're saying here is you signed the contract WITHOUT reading the terms and now you want to unwind the deal.  You can blame them all you want and yes, they did change the terms however, you are the final line of defense!  How do you know what you are obligating yourself to unless you read them???  Don't bother wasting your time saying "it"...I don't work for them!