Complaint Review: Macey Bankruptcy Law

• Updated: Fri, January 17, 2014

• Reported By: Tammy — Spooner Wisconsin
Macey Bankruptcy Law
5325 Wall Street ste 2055 Madison, Wisconsin USA

Macey Bankruptcy Law Macey Bankruptcy Law P.C.William K Murphy, Esq I prepaid $1500 over time with payments,Then had to send them a $306 filing fee before I could go see them. Madison Wisconsin

I had my free first appoint on the phone from some one in MN, and they said I would then have to start making payments to pay for layer fees of about $1500, so it took me about 8 to nine months to actually get that paid off and they took them straight out of my bank account automatically.

Once that was paid then I got a letter saying I had to complete a credit counseling session over the phone that would take about an hour. OK, so I did not have a phone and I went to a friends house and made the call and it was all a recorded message and I finished.

Next I got a letter saying I had to pay $306 for a filing fee before I could come and sign the paper. Alright, my Dad sent me that money cause I was going more broke than I already was, and sent them that money. Next they sent me letter stating they more documents even though they had stated earlier they had everything. I did that.

Next I tried make an appointment and they agreed to a date 2 weeks in advance - mid Dec-2012 and I had to setup off time from work, cause where I had to go sign papers was 400 some miles away. 1 day before my appointment someone called from the office and said the layer had to go on vacation and would not be back till mid Jan 2013. I actually got back on the phone and talked to him in person and he told me to just go back to work and make another appointment and the phone was cut off. The people were texting me the next day saying I had an appointment and that I missed it.

Never heard anything else until 1-17-2014 and I got a check for $306 and they said my case was closed, but it was from a Chicago address. I emailed after I called today and said I also wanted my $1500 back unless they have finalized the bankruptcy; then I came here to look them up, and OMG.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2014 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Macey-Bankruptcy-Law/Madison-Wisconsin-53718/Macey-Bankruptcy-Law-Macey-Bankruptcy-Law-PCWilliam-K-Murphy-Esq-I-prepaid-1500-over-1116352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Macey Bankruptcy Law