Complaint Review: Mack Mall Company

• Updated: Thu, September 12, 2013

• Reported By: Leslie — Xenia Ohio
Mack Mall Company
P.O.Box 428 New Castle Delaware 19720 New Castle, Delaware USA

Mack Mall Company Elliot J. Bradbury Director of Operations Mack Mall Company Check in mail FRAUD New Castle Delaware

I received a check in the mail that looked very official in the amount of $1992.20 from a company called Mack Mall Company. They were supposedly looking for people to be secret shoppers for Walmart,K-Mart, Kroger,Sears,Office Depot and Costco. They send a very official looking Acceptance Letter and tell you to deposit the check in YOUR bank. I was suspicious so I called the bank that the check was drawn on and they confirmed that the check was indeed good and that it was an active account. So, still skeptical I took the check to a check cashing place and was told that I would have to cash it at my bank. I took it to my bank and opened a different account than my own and deposited the check. My bank checked it as well and was told the check was on an active account so they deposited it.

I still wasn't convinced so I decided to wait to see what would happen and like I suspected the next day the bank informed me that the checks were fraudalent and that they had multiple states reporting the exact same check amounts from multiple people in multiple states. These people basically wanted everyone to cash the checks and shop with the money and purchase things and you keep the items and then send the left over money to a place Western Union leaving you stuck with a phony check and authorities coming after YOU. PLEASE beware of this company!! If it sounds too good to be true...it usually is!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2013 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mack-Mall-Company/New-Castle-Delaware-19720/Mack-Mall-Company-Elliot-J-Bradbury-Director-of-Operations-Mack-Mall-Company-Check-in-ma-1084042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mack Mall Company