mail

Macys
2144 Lawrenceville Highway Decatur, Georgia USA

Macys Poor Credit Practices Columbus Ohio

*Consumer Comment: A valuable lesson

While shopping at the local Macy's a couple of months ago, I purchased two shirts.  I was initially going to put the balance on my debit card, but the cashier suggested using my Macy's card, which I do not carry with me.  She looked it up and charged the balance of about $75.

Last Friday I received a collections letter for $135 from a collections agency used by Macy's.  I called Macy's and explained that I had not received any statements in the mail.  She said I'd chosen to use online billing, and I insisted that was not the case. I never use online billing for anything because email is not reliable for finances.  My credit is near perfect.  She said all that they could do was lower the balance by $18 if I paid today with a check and routing number.  That's not something I felt comfortable doing, but by then she'd hung up on my or the call dropped - I'm not sure which.

I paid through my online banking, and the payment posted two days later. I then called because the balance went to a Macy's Amex account and not the Macy's account, and the customer service rep was able to transfer my payment to clear the Macy's Star Rewards account.  I then asked him to close both the accounts, because they were more trouble than they were worth.  The lesson has been learned, at cost to my credit rating and checking account. Macys credit department is one of the worst I've ever had to deal with, and from this week onward, I'll never step foot in a Macys again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2013 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Macys/Decatur-Georgia-30033/Macys-Poor-Credit-Practices-Columbus-Ohio-1083593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Macys

A valuable lesson

AUTHOR: coast - ()

You should maintain multiple backups of vital data.

"I may even consider legal action."

Computer users blame others for data loss on a daily basis. That is why The Terms of Service that you agreed to state:

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

YOUR INSTALLATION, USE AND ACCESS OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR DEVICE, SOFTWARE AND THE LOSS OF YOUR USER DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE THEREOF.

"NOTHING CAN REPLACE MY MEMORIES"

Maybe $2500 can.