Complaint Review: Made In The Shade

Made In The Shade The Worst Shopping Experience I Ever Had Andover New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Absurd complaint! from VERY satisfied customer

*General Comment: Made in the Shade is a GREAT, FUN place to shop

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This complaint is a total lie

I recently shopped at Made InThe Shade, and it was the worst shopping experience I ever had. I was treated with complete disrespect, especially by the owner, Sheri Arnold. They kept chasing after me trying to sell me stuff that I didn't want. And, the stuff that I  did want ended up costing a fortune.

I was lucky that I found that out before they charged me anything. Do not make the mistake that I did. There are other antique shops in the world. I would shop at every one before I went to Made In The Shade and Sheri Arnold. They are all a bunch of scam artists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2014 12:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Made-In-The-Shade/Andover-New-Jersey-07821/Made-In-The-Shade-The-Worst-Shopping-Experience-I-Ever-Had-Andover-New-Jersey-1137126. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Made In The Shade

Absurd complaint! from VERY satisfied customer

AUTHOR: Lizzie - (USA)

I have been shopping at this store for years and I have found the store owner, Sherri as well as her staff to be extremely helpful and absolutely NOT pushy at all!  If there is something in particular I am looking for, one may offer to walk me through the store to find what it is I'm looking for - but the store does such excellent business - they seem to be completely satisfied with my visit whehtr it turns out to be a window shopping day - OR a day when I make a large purchase!

In fact, I have come even with the express purpose of asking for advise on fixing a piece of furniture I bought elsewhere - or on style choices for my log home - and though the owner and her workers could have easily recommended that I buy all I need from them - they have actually made other suggestionsa and given me cost-cutting 'do-it-yourself' tips.

I have shopped in thrift/antique shops where owners/workers are pushy - but this is NOT that place and to descripe Sherri that way is absurd as for as many times as I've shopped there - if she had it in her to be pushy - I'd have had to have witnessed it at some point.

While it's important for us to share with other shoppers the negative experiences we've had - it's equally important to share the positive experiences we've had - and for me - shopping at Made in the Shade is a pleasure and the store is a treasure trove of great finds - I cannot recommend it highly enough!

#2 General Comment

Made in the Shade is a GREAT, FUN place to shop

AUTHOR: brain1stmouth2nd - ()

I've been to Made in the Shade, in a hidden little antiques town in North Jersey. I like to shop there, or sometimes just look around. My mouth is on the floor as I read this guy's claim - 'they chased me around' to buy things that 'cost a fortune.' His whole story didn't make sense. I've been there a dozen or more times over the last ten years and never knew Sheri's last name.

They are one of the best-priced shops in New Jersey. Shopping there always takes me on an hour-long stroll through the old house - now full of antiques, collectibles, repurposed and hand-crafted decor. No one has ever followed or watched shoppers when I was there. They greet you, tell you to holler if you need anything, and say 'see you soon' when you leave. Go there, see for yourself. The inventory is never the same - I've seen stuff come in and out in the same hour. Low prices mean high volume, and Sheri moves a lot of stuff. This guy clearly has a beef with her. Maybe she chased him out. lol

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This complaint is a total lie

AUTHOR: - ()

This complaint was written by a very disturbed Merchant service salesman who entered our shop last week and tried to sell is a credit card service..We exposed him to The police and other federal agencies..thus the bitter report..Anyone who shops atMade in the Shade knows this complaint to be untrue..We treaT all our customers with the utmost respect and Hope that this poor salesman will get the help he needs..and if anyone else is scammed by Joseph Wilk..please feel free to call us and we will give you all the inf that you need..Its sad that there are people out there like him that pray on small businesses..