Complaint Review: MAGAZINE SERVICES OF AMERICA

• Submitted: Fri, February 20, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 20, 2009

• Reported By:Wrightsville Pennsylvania
MAGAZINE SERVICES OF AMERICA
7378 W.ATLANTIC BLVD. #222 MARGATE, Florida U.S.A.

MAGAZINE SERVICES OF AMERICA MSA IS DECEITFUL AND A RIP OFF AND THEY INTIMIDATE YOU INTO FEELING TRAPPED TO PAY MARGATE Florida

I received a phone call at my work where I was busy. I had a reputable magazine co. for about 5 years who would call annually to renew my membership. I never had a problem with them so when MSA called I thought and even asked if they were Commercial Readers Service and they said yes, therefore I agreed to renew my membership.

When I got my so called contract it was past the 3 days so I could'nt cancel. The supervisor had me listen to a recording of myself agreeing to everything,
very deceitful, and then threatened to charge me $500 to cancel. So feeling intimidated I paid $647.92 until finally I closed my credit card account.

Now I am receiving the phone calls from collections. They want me to pay $250 yet to close my account. Who pays $900 for magazines, I thought they were supposed to be saving me money.

I reported them to the FL State Attorney General and I hope you do the same if they've also scammed you. I don't know how they sleep at night.

Shell
Wrightsville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2009 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MAGAZINE-SERVICES-OF-AMERICA/MARGATE-Florida-33063/MAGAZINE-SERVICES-OF-AMERICA-MSA-IS-DECEITFUL-AND-A-RIP-OFF-AND-THEY-INTIMIDATE-YOU-INTO-F-426597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MAGAZINE SERVICES OF AMERICA