Complaint Review: Magazine Services Of America

• Submitted: Wed, July 11, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, July 11, 2007

• Reported By:Kannapolis North Carolina
Magazine Services Of America
7378 W. Atlantic Blvd. Margate, Florida U.S.A.

Magazine Services Of America RIPPED ME OFF!! Margate Florida

My personal information has been leaked to several "magazine services" for magazines I did not request! The latest is Magazine Services of America (for at least the second or third time).

This has been going on for 4-5 years. It has been necessary for my husband and me to cancel credit cards and even change our telephone to an unpublished number. Once we had four accounts, costing well over $200/mo. for as many as 3 of the same magazines at the same time! It was and is not logical to think we would order that many of the same magazines running concurrently.

We tried numerous times to cancel these bogus orders but were told that they had me on tape, placing the order. Well, I listened to the "taped interview" and could not ascertain that whoever was on the recording was even human let alone me.

After many frustrating attempts to resolve these issues, my husband and I decided to cancel our accounts the magazines were being charged under and change to an unlisted telephone number.

This resulted in numerous collection notices which we ignored. Eventually, it seemed to stop the whole thing, until this latest episode. This charge just showed up on my account the last billing cycle. The card company said they are the third party and are limited in their ability to cancel this illegal assault so I will probably cancel them too.

I should stress here, that my husband and I pay all of our legitimate obligations. Since we do not regard this as a legitimate bill, we do not feel obligated to pay.

Why is this not controlled by the law? It should be wire fraud or credit card theft or a form of identity theft. No one has been able to tell us. We have decided to fight this fraud. Folks that cannot afford this are being senselessly ripped off.

Mary
Kannapolis, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2007 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magazine-Services-Of-America/Margate-Florida-33063/Magazine-Services-Of-America-RIPPED-ME-OFF-Margate-Florida-260240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magazine Services Of America