Complaint Review: Magazine Services Of America

• Submitted: Thu, December 27, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, December 27, 2007

• Reported By:Port Orange Florida
Magazine Services Of America
7378 W. Atlantic Blvd. #222 Margate, Florida U.S.A.

Magazine Services Of America Scammed, Ripped off, Was degrading and fraudulent. They shouldnt be allowed to have a business licence. Margate Florida

I received a call in october of 2007 by this company. I agreed to receive a free year of 5 magazines a month. Little did I know that I had verbally agreed to a 3 year contract with them. This contract (again I was not informed of the longevity of the contract) during this five year period was going to cost $54.00 a month (for 5 magazines a month mind you) and if I refused to continue business with them they threatened to turn my case over to a Collection agency. Being worried about my credit score I asked Jim Davis of the company what can I do to stop this from happening, well the answer was to pay him $554.97 at that moment to cancel the account. THEN he informed me that I had a second account that I may want to talk to customer service about (this account I knew nothing about). I'm calling Visa fraud protection tomorrow to clear up what he has charged, and pressing charges against this company.

All I can say is that they scammed me, told me I verbally agreed to something I clearly did not and also told me I was a stupid person to agreeing to their "scam"...Well sadly this man Jim Davis was in fact working for the company itself and possibly owns it.

Ashley
Port Orange, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2007 07:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magazine-Services-Of-America/Margate-Florida-33063/Magazine-Services-Of-America-Scammed-Ripped-off-Was-degrading-and-fraudulent-They-shoul-295009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magazine Services Of America