Complaint Review: magic jack phone service

• Submitted: Thu, November 01, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 01, 2012

• Reported By: BM Hooper — Long Pond Pennsylvania United States of America
magic jack phone service

magic jack phone service ripoff , Internet

I contracted with Magic Jack 9/13/2011. Mid-August when I tried to make a call I found that Magic Jack had stopped my service.

I contacted customer service and they told me that because my contract was ending that I had to renew my contract before I could use my phone.

My contract was due to end 9/13/2012 and they disconnected my service mid-August 2012. So I decided to get another provider, Vonage.

For 6 weeks Vonage tried to port my number from Magic Jack. I contacted Magic Jack today for them to tell me that it would cost me a total of $39.94 for them to release my number to Vonage: $29.95 to renew my contract with them and $9.99 which is a fee for my original number.

I chose to forego my number port request and voice my complaint here. I will also send my complaint to FCC and BBB, my friends, relatives and any other forum I can find.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2012 05:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/magic-jack-phone-service/internet/magic-jack-phone-service-ripoff-Internet-963417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on magic jack phone service