Complaint Review: Magic Jack

• Updated: Fri, February 24, 2012

• Reported By: Linda — Columbus Ohio United States of America
Magic Jack
Internet, Florida United States of America

Magic Jack magicjack.com internet free phone with or without computer Internet, Florida

Bought magic jack aka MJ, dec. 16  2011.  Tried until Jan 17 2012 to get it to work and they finally agreed the device was broken.  Sent me a new one and charged me another $10.95 to ship it.

Had to wait 2 weeks for delivery because they Sr. Tech did not place the order properly.  Since receiving the 2nd MJ I have not been able to get it to work AT ALL.  I have spent hours and days on their chat line to no avail.  I have "chatted" with 20 different individuals which I can name and provide ticket #'s for the chats, all to no avail

Never got it to work without the computer and never worked properly with the computer.  Whenever I "chat" with them we go over the same old stuff and nothing ever works.  Lots of times I have had my "chat" abruptly terminated for no apparent reason.

Fed up, going to file report with AG in Florida and my AG in Ohio.
$81.64 for MJ device
$20.95 for phone # transfer
$105 for 5 yrs of "free" phone calls
$10.95 for shipping of 2nd MJ which didn't work
hours and hours on the chat line - priceless!

TOTAL  $218.54  plus days out of my life wasted on this joke.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2012 08:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Jack/Internet-Florida-/Magic-Jack-magicjackcom-internet-free-phone-with-or-without-computer-Internet-Florida-844339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Jack