Complaint Review: magic mesh door cover

• Submitted: Fri, October 21, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, October 21, 2011

• Reported By: Judith Reid — miramar Florida United States of America
magic mesh door cover
PO Box 3179, Wallingford Wallingford, Connecticut United States of America

magic mesh door cover MAGIC MESH DOOR COVER double billing, no access to reconfirm order before charging my card, no customer service dept call center only Wallingford, Connecticut

On October 20th, I went online to www.buymagicmesh.com to purchase one (1) magic mesh. There was a 2-for-1 offer on the site. I placed that 2-4-1 order and was taken to a payment screen. I put in my information and the next screen was a total which was incorrect as it doubled my order in price and quantity. I thought at this point I would have been able to go back and fix the error but realized that my card had already been charged without me being asked to confirm the order or without an opportunity to change the order.

I immediately called the customer service number on the website and was told that the order was not yet in the system and could take 2 - 24 hours to be in the system and until it was in the system there was nothing that customer service could do to fix the error. I called back three times that same day at different intervals and had the same response. I was told there was no supervisor to speak with as it was a call center and there was nothing they could do until the order was in the system. I checked online at www.customerstatus.com where they told me to check, but the order was still not in the system.

Late on the same night, I received an email (while I was asleep) confirming the order. At 8am I called the customer service number and was told that the order was on the truck already. I found that strange since up until late the night before the order was not in the system. This time customer service said that the shipping and handling was duplicated along with additional processing fees and other fees. The $19.95 product ending up costing $71.70!

This site is a rip off with no customer service personnel to speak with because it is all outsourced to a call center. There is no one from the company to speak with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2011 06:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/magic-mesh-door-cover/Wallingford-Connecticut-06494/magic-mesh-door-cover-MAGIC-MESH-DOOR-COVER-double-billing-no-access-to-reconfirm-order-b-791144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on magic mesh door cover