• Report: #752056

magic Mesh
p.o. box 3179 wallingford, Connecticut United States of America

magic Mesh Double the price on the invoice wallingford, Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: Keith

*Consumer Comment: same thing happened to me!

*Author of original report: I cancelled the order

7/12/11  3.00pm
Went online to buymagicmesh.com.
The TV ad and the website both state buy one get one free for a total of $19.95 plus P+H of $7.95 and a further $7.95 P+H for the second (free) set.
That totals to $19.95 + $7.95 + $7.95 = $35.85

The final invoice totaled to $71.70.

Somewhere along the line the amount had doubled. The only place where a quantity could be input was on the first page and I specifically stated one item.

As soon as I saw the final page on the screen, I printed it off and then called their customer support at 1 866 649 0146 and spoke to Kelly. I explained the situation and disputed the amount. She said it takes about four hours for the order to enter their database and until that time there was nothing she could do. She also explained that I could go online and make changes to the order before it is processed at  customerstatus.com but I would not be able to do that until the order has entered the system in four or more hours.

I then immediately called the local branch of Chase and explained the situation, said I was not comfortable and was told while it is being processed there was nothing they could do. They said to try and work with magic mesh customer support to resolve the issue. If it could not be resolved, Chase would be able to help with any dispute.

7/12/11  3.20pm
went online to customerstatus.com to check the status and to bookmark the site. This was the reply online:

We apologize, we are unable to locate your order. Please note that orders can take up to 24-48 hours from the time you place your order to download into our database. Please return to our site at a later time.

Now it can take up to 48 hours (thats some system !!)

Went online to look for reviews (wish Id done this earlier) and found ripoffreports.com and a similar complaint.

Called my bank again, told them I was not comfortable with the situation and they asked if I wanted to cancel my card. I agreed and will have a new card within a few days.

My complaint is that the price doubled without a review of the price before submitting. The time for the card information (24 48 hours) to enter the system is ridiculously long.

I dont know if they have broken any laws by not providing an opt out opportunity but I was uncomfortable with the process and immediately closed my card.

I recommend others in  a similar position to do the same.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2011 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/magic-Mesh/wallingford-Connecticut-06494/magic-Mesh-Double-the-price-on-the-invoice-wallingford-Connecticut-752056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on magic Mesh

Keith

AUTHOR: Keith - (United States of America)

I also had a similar experience.  After getting all my info and the purchase was made they started sending page after page of offers.  Then they made offers of the same thing I had purchased making it very confusing as to what purchase I was making.  Was I continuing on or purchasing more?  It turned out no matter what choice I made, I was charged for another purchase.  That was it.  I was cut off and it was over. No chance to confirm or deny  payment.   This was a very obvious ripoff.

same thing happened to me!

AUTHOR: Brzoska Kathie - (Virgin Islands (US))

I ordered this product on-line last Sunday.  Since I only had use for one screen curtain, I tried to not get the "1 free" because it had a $7.95 shipping fee so it wasn't really free.  Not only could I NOT get only one, but by the end screen of the order it had me down for 2 sets of buy one/get one free so I now had a $39.90 bill for 4 curtains plus $31.80 in shipping for a total of $71.70!  So much for $19.99!  I couldn't cancel the order on the website (I had hoped for a "confirm" button- doesn't exist), and the customer service # was "not open on Sundays"  so I tried calling Monday am 10:30, and was told "sorry, too late, it's already been processed - you can't cancel the order".  The service representative was unresponsive to my dilemma and said my only recourse was to refuse delivery of the package.  Of course not only could she tell me who the shipping company was initially (only after I pressed her did she find out it was FedEx) but I work so how was I going to refuse delivery if they leave it on my doorstep?  I discourage everyone from ordering this product online!!!

I cancelled the order

AUTHOR: h8scams - (United States of America)

In all fairness, I was able to cancel my order at customerstatus.com the next day  by inputting my name and invoice number. Cancellation takes 24 - 48 hours and we have not reached that stage yet.

I still feel Mesh magic's marketing ethics left a lot to be desired. It certainly scared me enough to cancel my credit card which has created a domino effect of other issues such as cancelling all my standing orders on my credit card before I start getting rejected.

To summarize, what I thought was going to be a nice purchase, turned into a nightmare causing unnecessary worries and forcing me to cancel my credit card.

Is there a law which states a purchaser has an option to see the total amount before finally making the purchase? if there is not, then there should be. If there is, then this company did not abide by the law.