Complaint Review: magicjack

• Updated: Sat, January 19, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — dakotaa city Nebraska USA
magicjack
internet west palm beach, Florida United States of America

magicjack mj still advertises free local/longdistance call but not true west palm beach, Florida

I am a long time user of MJ, just renewed for another 5years.  I tried making local long distance call  that I have used before but now receive a recorded msg saying to complete call I must buy prepaid minutes or pay for the call.

their ads and commercials still advertise MJ gives you free local/long distance calls.  I have read of 100's of complaints against MJ and can't understanc how they continue in business.  Have tried unsuccessfully to resolve this directly with MJ but w/o any results.  Customer service nonexistant.

Trued their livechat twice.  First time about an hour and lost connection.  2nd time different agent but same response.  Its in the agreement.  I have never received or even seen this document.  If they adv. free, then why are we told we must pay so whats the use of MJ.

I am an 82yr old, disabled, indigent, live alone so no one to help me.  There is absolutely no cooperation with MJ.  All company pertinent info is not available.  Tlhis complaint is not only for my satisfaction but to alert all users of MJ just what is going on.  No response to email/calls to MJ.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/magicjack/west-palm-beach-Florida-/magicjack-mj-still-advertises-free-locallongdistance-call-but-not-true-west-palm-beach-999871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on magicjack