Complaint Review: making waves

• Submitted: Mon, June 18, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, June 18, 2012

• Reported By: Tone100 — United States of America
making waves
Pier 121 Dry Storage, East Hill Park Rd Lewisville, Texas United States of America

making waves Dont get caught up in their deceptive practices Lewisville, Texas

I purchased a groupon voucher on 6/8 for a 5 hour pontoon boat rental from this company. Before I purchsed this I emailed the company and they said I would have no problem getting a boat.  I logged in first thing the next morjning when the scheduling system opened. All of their boats at both the Lake Ray Hubbard and Lake Lewisville locations were compeltly booked until Aguust. I attempted to reseerve a spot in Ausugst but their system will not let you use one of these vouchers more than 30 days out. The voucher expired in 90 days. I appears that they sold over 300 vouchers and only have 1 boat of this style available. There is no way they can service both the groupon purchases along with their members.

I contacted groupon and they tried over the course of several days to contact this company to intervine with the issue. The company never called groupon or myself back. I fianlly got a refund from Groupon but I want to put this out as a warning to be careful when dealing with this company. They are a high priced boat rental club that appear to only be interested in taking your money and not giving you access to a boat.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2012 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/making-waves/Lewisville-Texas-/making-waves-Dont-get-caught-up-in-their-deceptive-practices-Lewisville-Texas-899028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on making waves