Complaint Review: Malcolm S. Gerald and Associates

• Updated: Thu, January 20, 2011

• Reported By: mimi — New Hampton Missouri United States of America
Malcolm S. Gerald and Associates
322 S. Michigan Ave, Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Malcolm S. Gerald and Associates Mr. Mills Harassing ME because my friend used my phone to call them Chicago, Illinois

On January 13th, 2011, while dining with a friend, she received a call from her daughter on my cell phone. Her daughter gave her a phone number of someone who wanted my friend to call them.

I allowed her to use my cell phone to place the call.

On the morning of the 14th, 2011, just before 8:30 am, the phone rang and I answered it. A man asked for Tammy. I asked him how he had gotten my number? He said that Tammy had called from the number the day previous. I said that this was my cell phone, and I was not Tammy. He asked me how she had gotten my phone? I said I had allowed her to make a call on it. He asked me why did I let her use my phone?

I said she was my friend, but this was not her phone, and that it was not a message phone for her. He again asked why I let her use it?

I told him to take my cell number of anything associated with Tammy.

On the night of January 18th, at 7:09 pm, the cell phone rang, and a voice belligerently demanded Tammy! I asked him how he got my number? He said "we're not going to play games with you Tammy". He identified himself and the company. But he would not give me his first name, but did give me the address.

I again asked how he had gotten number and he told me the date Tammy had called and the time, and that they had called the number the 14th, but got no answer. I told him I had told someone at that time this was not her phone.

He said that "you made arrangements to pay this debt by the 31st, and what are you going to do about it?"

I told him this wasn't Tammy, nor her phone, but he would not listen nor quit yelling, so finally I got loud too, and told him I knew what the laws were for debt collectors, and he had just broken all of them. And that I would be filing complaints, and telling Tammy what he had done. He then wanted to know if I wanted to speak to his boss. He told me that calls were being recorded, and I could not threaten him. I told him it was a promise.

Perry Krilis got on line then and was testy also. I told him I did not appreciate what Mills had done, that I was not Tammy, nor was this her phone, and that I would be filing complaints on them. He told me that the calls were being recorded, and I told him to be damn sure not to lose them.

In researching other complaints against this company, this seems to be a strong arm debt collection agency that preys on people by attacking them and badgering them.

I have filed with BBB and FTC, and ACA, and am waiting to file report with Attorney General's office in Illinois.

This company is out of control

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2011 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Malcolm-S-Gerald-and-Associates/Chicago-Illinois-60402/Malcolm-S-Gerald-and-Associates-Mr-Mills-Harassing-ME-because-my-friend-used-my-phone-to-684904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Malcolm S. Gerald and Associates