Complaint Review: Mana Creative

• Updated: Sun, October 27, 2013

• Reported By: Cassandra — San Diego California
Mana Creative
4590 Date Avenue La Mesa, California USA

Mana Creative/Melissa Eberhart Poor communication, breach of contract, and no functional website after 8 months of waiting! La Mesa California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The dispute between the parties has been resolved

*Author of original report: The dispute between the parties has been resolved

Overall I have had a very negative experience with Mana Creative. I experienced poor communication (there were many times when she wouldn’t return phone calls, emails or texts and would then say she never got them) lack of follow-through, breach of contract, reactivity and blame on me as the customer when bringing up my concerns, and lack of ecommerce skills. I initially met with the owner in Feb. 2013. Our contract stated that she would complete my website and logo by 3/16/13. However, it took her until 10/23 to finally say she was "finished" with the site and even then she gave me a product that is not what I initially paid for, has errors, and doesn't work for my business.

When July rolled around and the website was still not complete I began to get frustrated but I was patient and at the very latest I needed the site to at LEAST be up by 9/1. I communicated this to her several times and she assured me that it would be up by then. I filed on of my business licenses and paid all the fees trusting her word on this. 9/1 rolled around and still no site and no communication until I contacted her on 8/31 to check in. At this point I voiced my frustration and she tried to blame the situation on me and became reactive.

Her excuses for not having the site up was that I didn't have all my content in and I hadn't purchased hosting. However, I was told on 3/16 that I didn't need to have all content in for her to get started and to launch the site (I could add what I wanted afterward) but that I should send what I had (which I did on 5/17 after she had finally completed logo and was still working on design). Since the site was continuously not launched I sent in a few more content items for her to add on 6/5 and 8/5. She told me I needed to purchase hosting in August but then never returned my emails asking her clarifying questions about the hosting. Therefore, I assumed she didn't need the hosting to launch the site. I didn't purchase it until I got my questions clarified, which wasn't until 9/1. She said the new launch date would be 9/30. However, there was still no website on 9/30 and I was shown the minor work that she had done on the shopping cart and it was not what I had originally asked for.

In Feb., I specifically asked for an ecommerce site to be built and modeled off a particular website w/ specific features. On the contract, she put that the website would include shopping cart installation. Not having been to a graphic designer before I assumed this "shopping cart" installation meant a cart that would include all the features I originally specified when we first met (I have since learned that experienced designers will ask you about every single shopping cart functionality before they begin the project so you will know all costs upfront. They will also include all of the specified shopping cart features in the contract). It wasn't until 10/2 that Melissa said I would need to pay $1000.00 extra to have the website how I originally specified (8 months later!!). Had I known it would have been this expensive upfront I wouldn’t have signed the contract and I would have made different decisions. After expressing my upset to her about this “sudden extra charge 8 months later”, she became reactive and defensive and wrote me an email where she personally attacked me various times. I met with her on 10/8 and she told me I needed to pay her the last $250.00 that I owed before she would show me the entire website and do a beta-launch (even though in the contract it clearly states the site will be up for you to review and request final changes before submitting final payment). I gave her that $250.00 and the site was STILL not up.

She then said 10/10 as the launch date. On this date there was a homepage but no cart. To make a long story longer, she did not finally launch the site until 10/23 and it was only 1/2 functioning to what I had originally specified back in Feb. After expressing this frustration she continued to blame the situation on me saying that I enabled the Fedex module, which made it take longer. When we met on 10/8 she specifically instructed me on how to go in and enable the credit card, Paypal and Fedex module and I did this with her help. After talking to 2 Prestashop Experts they said that the Fedex module would NOT create the bugs on the site. To this day, Melissa refuses to give me a partial refund or to complete the site so it functions to how I originally specified and she continues to blame me saying that I didn't express my needs. Sadly the site is dysfunctional in several major areas and does not meet the needs of my business. I will need to have the site rebuilt by someone who is competent in ecommerce.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2013 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mana-Creative/La-Mesa-California-91941/Mana-CreativeMelissa-Eberhart-Poor-communication-breach-of-contract-and-no-functional-1094993. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mana Creative

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Melissa - ()

The dispute between the parties has been resolved.

AUTHOR: Cassandra - ()