poem

• Submitted: Fri, July 26, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, July 26, 2002

• Reported By:dallas tx
manager-ez pawn shop
1001 n beckley desoto, Texas U.S.A.

manager-ez pawn shop your the " pawn " in the loan game the business that doesn't give a dam desoto Texas

In August 2001, i went to the pawnbroker to obtain what i thought was a simple loan because of a financial hardship. I had been given by my husband a 6 carat chamapgne tennis braclet and knew it would bring some quick funds. got the loan no bg deal. the manager ( female)admired the braclet and we chatted about it. to shorten the story, I was notified each time a renewal payment was due and in all i paid $150.00 for renewal fees.

i was never notified that my bracelet was being sold (ironicaly right at Christmas time). When I called to try and retrieve it, I was told there was no record of my business and the item may have been sold or was out on the sales floor. "come in and find it she says and you can put it back on layaway.

I reply, you have no record? " how do you keep track of the money you made from it, how do you know if it sold or not. Shouldn't there be a record of what's bought and sold. She replys oh we dont do that. Needless to say I went to the store and tried to locate the bracelet.My gut tells me that because I did most of the notification over the phone there was time to conceal the records and whereabout of my bracelet. Im out of space here, look for part two of this story, you'd be surprised at outocme!

demetria
desoto, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2002 08:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/manager-ez-pawn-shop/desoto-Texas-75115/manager-ez-pawn-shop-your-the-pawn-in-the-loan-game-the-business-that-doesnt-give-a-25445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on manager-ez pawn shop