Complaint Review: Mandys Puppy Patch

• Updated: Fri, January 01, 2010

• Reported By: Shannon — Los Lunas New Mexico United States of America
Mandys Puppy Patch
3236 checkered tavern gasport, New York United States of America

Mandys Puppy Patch Amanda Bochniarz Will not stand behind dogs gasport, New York

I purchased a two year old male from Amanda. He is a teacup (toy) Poodle. I was informed that she used him for breeding on a few litters and that he had all parts in tact so that he could be bred. I have a teacup poodle female I would have liked to breed him to. In owning four teacups, I have never had patella issues in them. Patellas are where the knees can easily come out of socket and sometimes surgery is needed (this is a hard thing on the dog and the owners, not something I want to produce). I had the dog 12 hours and took him into the vet for a check up. I already saw where he was walking like a cowboy getting off of a horse. The vet said he has easily a Grade 2-3 Patella luxiation in both knees. These are grades that no vet would ever miss and no "responsible" breeder would ever breed. I informed her of this issue and this is what she wrote back...

As my health guarantee states i do not cover patellas no one does as anything can happen to them in shipping or at their new house, aslo it clearly states pet quality never guarantee breeding/showing quality--i have used him on three litters if not more never had an issue with any of his pups having patella issues.  if you want to send him back even tho the health guarantee is not suppose to cover patellas i will give you half the refund as stated on the contract--i will not cover any of the shipping either.  If it were me i'd keep him and use him ,it is near imposs to find males without patellas issues as they put so much strain on them breeding you are almost guaranteed to have issues with patellas in your breeding tcup males they are just to tiny and their bodies do not hold up.  as long as the pups vet check without patella issues i do not see the prob. you bought him for a fraction of what it cost me to buy him.

After reading this I was very upset and decided to take matters into my own hands by putting the report on here. Just to anyone else wanting a puppy from her... please BEWARE

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2010 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mandys-Puppy-Patch/gasport-New-York-14067/Mandys-Puppy-Patch-Amanda-Bochniarz-Will-not-stand-behind-dogs-gasport-New-York-548448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mandys Puppy Patch