Complaint Review: MANPOWER

• Updated: Mon, July 07, 2014

• Reported By: FED UP — Irving Texas
MANPOWER
102 Decker Court Suite 101 Irving, Texas USA

MANPOWER MANPOWER STAFFING AGENCY IN IRVING, TEXAS REQUIRING "ONLY SPANISH SPEAKERS" FOR WAREHOUSE WORK PACKING BOXES. THEY ARE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST AMERICANS WHO NEED WORK. I CALLED THE IRVING OFFICE AT 972-717-7617 AND SPOKE TO MANAGER "BRENDA" AND ASKED HER WHY THEY COULDN'T HIRE ANY ENGLISH SPEAKERS IN THEIR WAREHOUSE AND SHE SAID THE HOME OFFICE IS IN SPAIN AND WANTS ONLY SPANISH SPEAKERS WORKING IN THE WAREHOUSE. AMERICANS WAKE UP! THESE COMPANIES ARE DISPLACING AMERICAN WORKERS FOR MEXICAN BORN WORKERS! WHY DOES MANPOWER ONLY WANT SPANISH SPEAKING PICKERS AND PACKERS? IS SPEAKING ENGLISH NOW A CRIME IN AMERICA? Irving Texas

*Author of original report: I BELIEVE EVERY SINGLE WORD OF YOUR REPORT. MY EXPERIENCE WORKING IN FORT WORTH WAS VERY SIMILAR.

*Consumer Comment: Not descriminating against Americans

I have more than 15+ years of warehouse work but because I speak English I've been told I can't work for Manpower in the local warehouse they are hiring for. Reason given is that the "Corporate Office" is in Barcelona Spain they only want Spanish Speakers in their Warehouses here in Texas and this was per Brenda who answered the phone. This just doesn't make sense. The warehouse is in TEXAS. NOT Barcelona Spain.

Wow.

Just to pick and pack boxes speaking English is no longer "good enough".

When I moved from Memphis many companies were demanding "only spanish speakers" in the warehouses but now I see it's here in Texas too. [continued below]....

.....

Call Manpower and tell them to stop discriminating against Americans!

MANPOWER STAFFING

102 Decker Court
Suite 101
Irving, TX 75062

Phone: 972/717-7617
Fax: 972/418-5215

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2014 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MANPOWER/Irving-Texas-75062/MANPOWER-MANPOWER-STAFFING-AGENCY-IN-IRVING-TEXAS-REQUIRING-ONLY-SPANISH-SPEAKERS-FOR-1160025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MANPOWER

AUTHOR: IATT - ()

When I read your report I was seriously like "Oh My God"...

I experienced many similar employment experiences working for various companies out in Fort Worth. I left Forth Worth running. The racism, hostile, abusive, low wage work environments, managers and companies treating their workers like chinese slaves or even worse like "Enemies" became too much. The city is highly segregated and it seems like 90% of the residents are in poverty. The white people in Forth Worth acted like it was stiill 1930 and were visibly shocked when I could speak grammatically correct English and I heard "You're very articulate" a lot. At every business I worked at (I was an independent contractor and temped a bit which afforded me the chance to check out several different companies) it was nothing but white folks in the office and blacks and hispanics in the plant. Some of them far more qualified than the white managers who ran the placee and their skin color held them back and the fact they were in Fort Worth.

Fort Worth Texas is full of SLAVE SHIPS and PLANTATION OVERLORDS.

Not descriminating against Americans

AUTHOR: ramjet - ()

They are not descriminating against Americans, they just want people who can speak Spanish.  It may come as a surprise but there are MANY Americans who speak more than one language.

I expect that as we are working more and more with the rest of the world, people will need other language skills.  Many other countries have done that for many years.  Certainly Spanish would be good and maybe even Chinese in the future.

Spanish is really not all that hard to learn.