Complaint Review: Manson Pharmacy

• Updated: Mon, December 09, 2013

• Reported By: Real Pharmacy Management — New York New York
Manson Pharmacy
137-69 Queens Blvd Briarwood, New York USA

Manson Pharmacy Maksoud Pharm Inc., Hossam Abdel Maksoud Misleading, Miscommunication, Never Got Paid, Rude, Abrasive, No return calls Briarwood New York

I have over 5 years experience in managing a Pharmacy, so you might say I know a thing or two about its business. Never have I seen such a disoriented level of management and operation.

It's as if it was deliberate, which till this day - I believe it is. I don't know how they pass inspections (there is maybe a triple amount of people working behind the pharmacy than is mandated by the law.) Constant people roaming the pharmacy including multiple managers, then you have two pharmacists, you have three technicians, you have delivery boys, all skin to skin in a pharmacy department not bigger than three feet in walking space - wide.)

It was very difficult concentrating on important medication preparation. This was not an issue to me however.

The staff act unilateral accordingly to the dictatorship called Management. I can almost feel the misery of all the employees. The silent misery. No form of communication or small talk allowed. Not even a "How was your weekend?"

They all work around FEAR. Like communism.

Still, i was going to suck it up and just give a full hard nosed effort. I was that desperate to pay my landlord and on a ropes end.

Just when I had my hopes and prayers answered

ALL DECEIT.

This is how it all started.

After a whirlwind three months looking for a job in a Pharmacy, one day as I was on my way to an interview to another pharmacy, I was passing by Manson and noticed a Help Wanted sign. As always, I did my due diligence and inquired within about the position. I was then approached by the owner/pharmacist Hossam Elsayed Abdel-Maksoud. After a very brief line of questioning on my former work experiences and what I know and how much I previously made, I was told to come in the following day and "we'll see how it goes."

No work hours, no salary info, no information but to show up.

This isn't a bad thing. But after working three consecutive days? No one has made up their mind? This is NYC. Time can't be wasted.

Apparently, Hossam didn't get the memo that I was seeking employment and NOT an internship. Normally, I would not be upset over such a mixup. But I repeatedly requested some form of schedule - seeing as how, at the time I was on Public Assistance and if I do not show up to their Back to Work offices on a daily basis - I have to provide evidence that I found a job. The consequence? BEING HOMELESS!!!!!

For three consecutive days, I got the runaround as I just put my head down and continued to work and get shuffled between his stores. Then I made it clear that I am not going to show up until I receive some confirmation as to my work, my hours, and my pay. Again, this is NYC. If you're not in the business to make business, then you don't mean business.

I decided not to show up anymore. Id rather smell the blood on the wall than wait to see it myself.

I spend the next two weeks seeking out the store manager and Hossam. Can't reach either of them at any given hour during the week. I just wanted an answer and assurance.

I finally got a hold of a third manager on the phone, and I was told that I would work - on call. If anyone knows this, that means I would work NO CALL.

Thank GOD, I never faxed my Social Security number and ID to that so called tax preparer so they can make out my invisible checks.

Until this day, I have not received a dime of my hard work. Not even a cup of water or an apology.

Wasted my time, effort and possible employment elsewhere.

HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.

SHADY BUSINESS! BE VERY WARY!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2013 05:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Manson-Pharmacy/Briarwood-New-York-11435/Manson-Pharmacy-Maksoud-Pharm-Inc-Hossam-Abdel-Maksoud-Misleading-Miscommunication-Ne-1105693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Manson Pharmacy