Complaint Review: mantrans

mantrans
4920 Woodlane Circle Tallahassee, Florida USA

MAN TRANS LLC Doesn't honor warranty, out $2000 in repairs Tallahassee Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We did pay for 2nd and correct diagnosis

*Author of original report: Update: partial reimbursement received

In the early part of 2013 I purchased a 150 Merc outboard motor from mantrans with a 6 month warranty.  Inital diagnostics seemed OK but when it was put under load 2 cylnders didn't fire.  We had to replace the sensors on the cylnders and it was also determined that the fuel pump and trim motors were not working.  The motor ran well after the $2000 put into it.  I spoke with the owner about a dozen times and was promised partial coverage since they thought the repair shop was milking us, allthough they are an authorized dealer and a trusted mechanic.  I was promised a reimbursement for the problem components but it was never given.  I called over 50 times since I was promised a payment for the work in May but nothing was given.  I had also sent paypal invoices as requested but they were never paid by the owner.  Do not trust this compnay at all or thier warranty.  They simply do bad business then leave you to fix what they can not on your dime.  Avoid at all costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2013 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/mantrans/Tallahassee-Florida-32303/MAN-TRANS-LLC-Doesnt-honor-warranty-out-2000-in-repairs-Tallahassee-Florida-1086909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on mantrans

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We did pay for 2nd and correct diagnosis

AUTHOR: Owner - (USA)

I paid for the correct diagnosis of the engine.The initial repair order of $2000 also inluded the install of the outboard which stated that the engine had 2 bad injectors totalling aLmost $800.

After the first repair the engine still needed the float in the VST tank reset,and that was all it took to fix it.This was possibly due to an error on our part,but since the engine was crated and shipped so far from Florida,to the upper midwest,the strap had came off of the foot inside the crate,and we belive that may have jarred the float so hard in the VST.The P.family was compensated a total of almost $1000.

I stated that iF the injectors were bad that we would refund for THE INJECTORS,but they are not.

I consider this matter resolved,we will  be glad to provide a report on said injectors.

The two things that are unfortunate are that the marine place he took his engine to,well-they shut down a good bit during the winter there,so if ANY problem is wrong whatsoever,they were obviously ready to capitalize on it due to needing to recoup being shut down over the gruesome winter.

I also have seen many times where people 'upgrade',and are trying to sell their old engine and have a 'free' upgrade.This engine truly had 70 hours,and this report was unfortunate and the calls 50 times were an exageration,but if I call a buiness repeatedly and I cannot get a hold of someone due to them being short handed,or a tragic death of a salesman,(in my case)then I could easily call all day and start adding up the times and I could make that someone look incompetent also.

I have been in business going on twenty years and have sold dozens of engines always had the philosophy that I would not sell someone an item that I would not personally use myself.

This matter is unfortunate,and I hate that the P's 1st diagnosis of said engine was not the correct one.

Regards,

D.Moore

Update: partial reimbursement received

AUTHOR: MrReport - ()

After some time I have received about 25% of the repairs back from Mantrans, I would have thought 50% would be fair but it is better than nothing at all.