Complaint Review: MaqoMobile.com

• Updated: Tue, November 26, 2013

• Reported By: Web Solutions Specialist — Colorado Springs Colorado
MaqoMobile.com
5445 S. DTC Pkwy #P4 Greenwood Village, Colorado USA

MaqoMobile.com Charlie Erlandson, Laura Whitehead, Anthony Jafari, et. al. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH MAQO MOBILE, THEY DON'T PAY THEIR BILLS Greenwood Village Colorado

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Maqo Mobile Update 12/31//2013

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Maqo Mobile: How Not to Run a Company

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Responce from individual that posted this information "If you guys pay me... ripoff report comes down." by Randy Cramer

I worked for this company for 2 months, commencing in September, 2013.  I was paid a salary + commission on all the business I brought into the company.  The problem is, they know nothing about the business they portray themselves to be in.  They aren't at all familiar with what it costs to develop and program web sites and web apps.  Further, all of the jobs (36) that I submitted to them in the period of time I was employed there, the quotes all came back between 7-10 days too late and between 75-80% over every other quote that the clients obtained.

This company went from 5 employees when I started to over 25 employees within 2 weeks, and when the pay day for November 15 rolled around, 20 of those employees including myself, ended up not getting a paycheck.

This company owes me over $3000.00.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2013 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MaqoMobilecom/Greenwood-Village-Colorado-80111/MaqoMobilecom-Charlie-Erlandson-Laura-Whitehead-Anthony-Jafari-et-al-DO-NOT-DO-BUSI-1102379. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MaqoMobile.com

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Maqo Mobile Update 12/31//2013

AUTHOR: Ex Maqo Mobile Employee - ()

I got a text last night that Maqo was having a meeting today at 10a.  We showed up and they made good on their money.  I got a check today for what they owed me, in-full.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Maqo Mobile: How Not to Run a Company

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I worked for Maqo Mobile for two weeks, during which time I was lied to on a daily basis. From the day I was interviewed I was told that this was a profitable company that had been steadily growing.

This is a web design company that has a website full of coding errors. They claim to do SEO, but cannot spell the words in their own title tag correctly. The websites that are part of their "portfolio" are not affiliated with the company in any way, and rather, are the work of others who have now also been ripped off by Maqo Mobile. Welcome to the club. They do not have a single programmer on their staff, and instead contract out, leading to marked up prices that any rational human would never agree to, especially for less-than-sub-par work.

As a staff, we were called into the office of the "CEO" on the day we were to be paid and told that we would not be receiving the money that we had worked for. The reasoning for this was that the company ran out of funding, which should come as no surprise to anyone who worked there, because I did not see a single sale closed in my time there. However this did not stop them from renting a ludicrous penthouse office space in the DTC or from spending nonexistent money on services that I am not entirely sure they knew how to use.

It has now been a month since the payday incident happened and the funds are still nowhere to be found. Not only is this illegal, unethical, and just an all-around horrible thing to do to human beings, but I am genuinely embarrassed that I lent my name and time to a company that would think so lowly of people as to treat them like this. Not only their customers who were swindled into a bad product at a worse price, but to the employees who came in every day and, despite management's best efforts, produced the best work possible. It makes me sick to think about the people I worked with, generally good people who were also lied to, and who gave up their time and money to be swindled by a group of people who were not running a company, but rather playing company.

I highly doubt that this company is still in business, but if they are, please do not work with them. It will end badly for you and your company/product/service. It won't get you increased web traffic, or a better website, or a mobile app. But it will get you embroiled in an argument on an internet forum with the "CEO" firing out all sorts of misspelled lies at you.

Ironically enough, one of my duties there was to search Ripoff Reports and seek out companies who would want them removed from their first Google page. If only there were a company calling Maqo to offer such a service.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Laura Whitehead - ()

The individual that posted this information is the:

Owner SkyTrackNow.com

Owner Digital Media Concepts Group

All employee's of Maqo Mobile where paid on the Nov. 14, 2013.  The individual who posted fales coments, and he is using this as an opportunity to get money from the company that is not owed to him.

His response to me was "DON'T (EXPLETIVE) WITH ME YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH." R

His response to me was "DON'T (EXPLETIVE) WITH ME YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH."Randy E. Cramerx 3734, Centennial, CO 80161