Complaint Review: Marabo Motors

• Updated: Sat, August 17, 2013

• Reported By: Ms. Customer — St. Petersburg Florida
Marabo Motors
4960 66th Street N., St. Petersburg, FL 33709 St. Petersburg, Florida USA

Marabo Motors Pinellas Scooters Deceptive business practices - No Right of Rescission on major purchase St. Petersburg Florida

*Consumer Comment: Buyer's Remorse

Upon first visit to store, I was told since another person was involved in the decision they would allow a trade in of the electric bike being purchased. I typically buy everything online and have experienced great customer service and the ability to return ANY item I am unhappy with - I decided to support a local business this time and purchase from a store. Bad decision. Anytime you purchase anything and the Bill of Sale states "No Refunds, No Returns, No Exceptions" I should have immediately cancelled the purchase.

I got home with the new electric bike and it is much too heavy to manuever for a strong, fit person and out of the question for my wife.  I was told I could make a change if necessary by the store owner. So we took the bike back to the store and was told he could order the bike we wanted - knowing it was going to cost us more money - but he would have to call and get a price & was supposed to call me the next day.  When he failed to call, I called him but was put off so I went down to the store. He tole me it would be at least a week to get the bike and still didn't have a price. When I stated I wanted my money back, in steps an aggressive, rude woman, Angie, the "Business Manager", who was not privy to this transaction and whom I had not met.

Long story short, this company does not stand behind the products they represent - I am contacting Currie directly to file a complaint with the manufacturer. I could have purchased the same bike about $400 or more cheaper on line and gotten the bike I wanted. Even though their contract states no refunds, no returns, no exceptions, I witnessed another guy getting the same line about how he could return the bike if his son didn't like it.

If you purchase anything from this store, you will regret it. I will spend all my time verbally telling everyone I meet not to purchase from these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2013 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marabo-Motors/St-Petersburg-Florida-33709/Marabo-Motors-Pinellas-Scooters-Deceptive-business-practices-No-Right-of-Rescission-on-1076734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marabo Motors

Buyer's Remorse

AUTHOR: coast - ()

Your wife expects to ride the bike so it was a major blunder that she was not directly involved in the purchase.

"I could have purchased the same bike about $400 or more cheaper on line and gotten the bike I wanted."

Think about that statement. You have that bike but you are not satisfied with it. You would have paid double shipping charges (return and replacement) if you returned a bike you bought online. You are suffering from a case of buyer's remorse. Enjoy your new bike.

Your review was written by Ms. Customer, but you have a wife. Are you a female married to a female? The Florida state constitution bans same-sex marriage.