Complaint Review: Marc Tow & Associates, Lawyers

• Updated: Wed, January 18, 2012

• Reported By: Angella — Palmdale California United States of America
Marc Tow & Associates, Lawyers
3920 Birch St, Ste 102 Newport Beach, California United States of America

Marc Tow & Associates, Lawyers EZ Access Funding with Michael Alexander Marc Tow took $25,000 fr a house, then never delivered one. Now says Michael Elexander took the money & scammed him. Newport Beach, California

*General Comment: TOW NOW IN JAIL

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: i am Marc R Tow

*Consumer Comment: Ripped off too

Marc Tow formed EZ ACCESS Funding, LLC, as a company that buys properties in the Rust Belt area, rehabs them, and places a tenant in there. In Oct of 2008 I put $25, 000 into an neutral 3rd party independent escrow administered by Marc Tow & Associates, Lawyers (before I knew he formed EZ ACCESS FUNDING, LLC), to be held in escrow until I received a list of properties and chose one.

I never received the list within specified time, and asked for cancellation of contract. Never saw the property list OR my money. Marc's secretary keeps saying he'll call me back, but no luck so far, 2 years later. My attorney's letters go unanswered. Marc's partner, Michael Alexander in EZ ACCESS, told me a number of times that it is up to Marc to refund me the money.

Mark is a Broker and an attorney, but claims Michael ran off with the $$$.  Marc was supposed to be the "escroe", so why did he release the $ to Michael Alexander before the contract was fullfilled. [continued below]....

.....

There are dozens of others who never saw their money, or got the houses but the rehab was never finished. Anyone interested in pursuing legal action against Marc Tow, and filing complaints with the State Bar & DRE, please contact me at (((ROR redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2010 10:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marc-Tow-Associates-Lawyers/Newport-Beach-California-92660/Marc-Tow-Associates-Lawyers-EZ-Access-Funding-with-Michael-Alexander-Marc-Tow-took-25-667285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marc Tow & Associates, Lawyers

#1 General Comment

TOW NOW IN JAIL

AUTHOR: Erik - ()

Marc Tow has been arrested and is awaiting trial in Cleveland, Ohio.  If you have losses in Cleveland, contact the prosecutor.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

i am Marc R Tow

AUTHOR: roy cooper - (United States of America)

I have been the victim of embezzlement and conversion and forgery by persons unknown to me. All Ez Access monies where deposited in accounts controlled by others. I have been the victim of theft embezzlement by employees independent contracts and principals of the business.
i can name the names but not here. I can prove the forgery because i have handwriting and forensic experts who have told me these facts and documenting thes facts.

Ripped off too

AUTHOR: Erik - (USA)

We also gave them 20K for a property which we never received.  We actually got them to sign a refund agreement for 1/2, 10k since we figured we might never see any of the money.  Well, after a few 'your check is next' emails, contact stopped.  No returned emails or calls. It's been over a year now and still nothing.  Scammed us as well.