Complaint Review: Marine Plumbing Co. LLC

• Updated: Sun, February 09, 2014

• Reported By: Jim — Naples Florida
Marine Plumbing Co. LLC
1401 Old Dixie Highway Suite 105 Lake Park, Florida USA

Marine Plumbing Co. LLC $3300 in billing -- plumbing still not fuctioning Lake Park Florida

I called Marine Plumbing on January 7th because my Vacuflush toilets were not functioning.  On January 18th, the Marine Plumbing technician spent 5.5 hours on my boat replacing both pumps, vacuum switches, bowl seals and duckbills.  For this service, I was charged $2880.47 (and for 8 hours of labor)-- I did not receive an estimate nor was I given the opportunity to monitor the costs I was incurring during the technician's visit despite our best efforts to find out how much we were spending.

Less than one week later, I had to call Marine Plumbing again because the heads were not functioning correctly.  During the visit on 1/24, I was told that my vacuum switches had been tampered with and this was why things weren't working.  We thought that one of the local marina handymen might have done this -- after the technician's visit, we confirmed that he had not been anywhere near the vacuum switches.  This means that no one tampered with these switches between one Marine Plumbing visit and the next -- yet I was charged with replacing these switches on the second visit.

Five days after this visit, my heads were once again not functioning correctly and yet I was billed an additional $577.81.   I was shocked to receive this bill because Robert at Marine Plumbing told us that he stood behind his work -- if you charge to fix what you didn't fix, that is not standing behind your work!  I will not call Marine Plumbing again -- they have not fixed my heads and have charged me $3500 along the way.  They clearly are a poor representative of Sea Land products and I will be following up with the Better Business Bureau, Facebook, Active Captain and any other forum I can find to alert potential customers of their business practices.  Additionally, I will be contacting American Express and filing a Vendor Complaint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2014 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marine-Plumbing-Co-LLC/Lake-Park-Florida-33403/Marine-Plumbing-Co-LLC-3300-in-billing-plumbing-still-not-fuctioning-Lake-Park-Flori-1122349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marine Plumbing Co. LLC