Complaint Review: Mariner Finance Aka Finance Maryland

• Submitted: Wed, May 05, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, May 06, 2010

• Reported By: Linda Buch — Oakland Maryland United States of America
Mariner Finance Aka Finance Maryland
1050 W Industrial Blvd.cumberland,Md 21502 Boltimore, Maryland United States of America

Mariner Finance Aka Finance Maryland Aka: Maryland Finance overcharge/late fees/attorney fees/intrest/payment not logged/no return calls/different amounts from each employees Boltimore Maryland

I bought a car for $4200.00 in 2007 which was financed through Mariner Finance. this is now 2010. According to them, I still owe $4900.oo.Even though my payments were $206.00 per month, I payed $230.00 and up, at times I paid an extra $100.oo. All this extra money should have gone to the back of the loan towards the principal only.Instead, they recorded it as a partial payment,and added a late fee of 39.and took out interest. I was very careful about not being late on the payments,however, they had listed my account as being late every month.I requested a statement on the account, and the phone#to their corp.office,but was told they have no corp.office and no way of getting a print-out.How stupid do they think people are?My attorney (who doesn't practice in Md.) did get the print-out for me,but it was riddled with mistakes.None of them could understand(or pretended not to)what I was saying.My   attorney advised me to keep everything up-to-date.I had not paid for the prier month and when I called to get the exact amount I was told it had been sent to an attorney and tacked another $800 bringing a total of $1004.00 due immediately.I called their attorney and they said the $800 owed to them goes to the back of the loan and is the last to be paid.SO,I CALL THEM BACK,talked to someone else,who told me I still owe them well over $900 to get caught up.Still with me? I am now being asked to prove all the payments made.At this point,I know this won't stop here but,I'm on my way to the bank to get the statements anyway. My advice; NEVER,EVER borrow from these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2010 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mariner-Finance-Aka-Finance-Maryland/Boltimore-Maryland-/Mariner-Finance-Aka-Finance-Maryland-Aka-Maryland-Finance-overchargelate-feesattorney-f-600444. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mariner Finance Aka Finance Maryland