Complaint Review: Mariner Finance

PO BOX 35394 Baltimore, Maryland United States of America
  • Phone: 856 858 4400
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Mariner Finance Unprofessional Lack of information available Baltimore, Maryland

I had a loan out with another company and they sold it to Mariner Finance with less than a year left to pay.  I haven't had any real problems yet, but I am very uneasy about they way they do business.

I called after receiving a payment book because I also wanted monthly statements from them so I could monitor my account and the balance.  They told me they do not provide monthly statements but that I could go online and set up my online account and review information that way.  I have tried to do this on three different occasions.  I filled out all the requested information and each time it came back saying I could not set up an online account at this time. No reason was provided.  I also found it odd that when filling out the info. it asks for the last 7 digits of your social security number.  I have never heard of ANYONE doing this.

I tried to contact them by phone today.  It is a sunday and a holiday weekend, but I tried calling anyway as there are many institutions theses days that have 24 hour access, 7 days a week.  The phone just rang and rang and rang.  No voicemail, no recording, no nothing.  After the third try and over twenty rings, a machine did come on that simply stated, "the machine is off".

At the very least, they are unprofessional, uncoordinated and hard to reach.  I am very nervous about not being able to access my statements and will be back on the phone with them after the holiday.  I will never do business with them on my own.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2012 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mariner-Finance/Baltimore-Maryland-/Mariner-Finance-Unprofessional-Lack-of-information-available-Baltimore-Maryland-888991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mariner Finance