Complaint Review: Market Street- Plano Texas

• Updated: Sun, April 06, 2014

• Reported By: constance — dallas Texas
Market Street- Plano Texas
1929 Preston Rd, Plano , Texas USA

Market Street- Plano Texas Bullied, verbal abuse, chased me down while i was shopping, and aggressive Plano TX

*Author of original report: i was very pleased

*Author of original report: Market Street Victim

*Consumer Comment: There is MORE to this "story" than you are telling...

i was shopping as usual in the store, just recovered from oral surgery when to my chagrin one of the clerks ran across the store, ran past me, ran around me, started shaking my basket, screaming that i was not gong to shop there, and started grabbing my shopping basket forcibly, and chasing me . Was bullying me verbally and physically. I did not comply with that behavior and walked away saying help help so the managers would see what was going on... I had to leave my shoppng short, i asked for escort so i could leave. I was mortified in front of customers, and staff of the store. ...

Followed up 7 times with corporate who did nothing ..5 weeks later the district manager called and never apologized, or asked what he could do. Told me not to come back to the store. Was horribly mortified by his behavior and the store and said i was the victim, you need to have anger management for those employees who attach customers for no reason...He had no comment and was in the dark about the state of texas the bully laws. Texas considers it a felony if you are physically threatened ..the district manager and the manager of the store do not know about these laws and dont value their customers apparently.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2014 08:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Market-Street-Plano-Texas/Plano-Texas-75093/Market-Street-Plano-Texas-Bullied-verbal-abuse-chased-me-down-while-i-was-shopping-an-1136446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Market Street- Plano Texas

i was very pleased

AUTHOR: constance - ()

when several of the market place employees on park apologized to me for the lady who attacked me while shopping. I talked to the corporate office and they said that type of behavior is not allowed and they would research it

I said this is the 7 th time to me , and she had problem with an employee 's mother. I felt very happy that the employees cared from the bag boys, to the other depts as i had been a valued customer in that store for years and everyone knew me.

They all said they were so sorry and invited me to come shopping. I said i would like to but due to the nature of the situation and managment not once apologizing, taking a month to respond...was not as professional as i had assumed they were.

So i am shopping at another store in the meantime i have shopped for 30 years and due to the fact i had just gotten out of surgery and was recuperating when i was attacked and now i am going into another surgery i cannot afford to be stressed out for this next surgery

The places i shop as a professional have to have good service, care about their customers and respond. Seems this managment company gets distressed on complaints, and baffled about how to respond. I am a professsional well know internationally and have worked with law enforcement . Businesses have to earn my respect before i shell out money ...with service...

I apologize as i thought this store had it but i was wrong. When i am publicly humiliated not good. The manager the last day i was there in March apologized me , rang me up and said he would look into it. Everyone from customers, to employees were appalled and frankly so was i.

I can make a difference and have internationally since i speak four languages and am well known around the world. But in all my life never seen such appalling behavior ..i told them, they are aware of it not only through my remarks but the employees who told corporate of how she embarrased me and looked ridiculous.

When red flags appear on an employee especially violence most of the time people take heed. Some do not and then it happens again. She has a past history of this and one day someone will get more hurt than me. They have been warned.

It is about respecting your customers and if they cannot do that i dont need their business and they certainly dont need my money.

The case for me is that i hope it will be solved one day but since i am under medical care i dont have the time to worry about a problem of theirs. That is their business but apparently they dont know how to handle bullyeing, and assault in their store.

I was told last week they had another employee chase a customer out of the store with  a knife and attack them..so this is twice in one month. Does not seem to have the type of store i want to frequent but i did tell my friends , and they wont be shopping there anymore either.

Market Street Victim

AUTHOR: constance - ()

i know the store quite well and have shopped there for years-Everyone knows me..i know all the managers and i did not use five finger discount, i asked the manager to go with me to the register so i could leave early  and just leave. Customers were watching this clerk start to throw my food out of my basket ...Shaking the basket uncontrollably..i had just gotten out of surgery with stiches in my mouth , and was told the only thing i could do was to walk...

I am too well known in the store, and i paid for everything everytime i shop...

This woman  clerk has bullied me several times i think 7 and everytime i ask what is the price, it is never for sale. So i ask the manager and assistant managers who verify the price and i put it in my basket- I always asked for their advice since i told them i am not going to respond verbally or physically back to her as she wants to pick a fight. They said they appreciated that. I said i had more professional managerial experience  over the years to not deal with bullies i just walk away.

Like i said previously everyone knows me and i enjoyed this store

but attacking your customers is unacceptable, bullying your customers is abuse. The managers did have to talk to her in the office as i asked personally for someone to go with me to my car as a witness in case she jumped in the parking lot. Having a more mature and professional approach when i shop most of the management know who i am and i am bonded so i do not do unethical things.

I appreciate your comment but that was not the case in this situation.

Corporate was very nice and apologized for the clerks behavior and said that was not the case . I  have found out that last week they had a employee chase a person out of their store and he was carrying a knife. So you dont have to be a 4 star store to have service.

They used to have the best service in town but it is sadly not the whole store. Just this one woman. Corporate did apologize 7 times and told me that is not the usual i said i never was more embarrased. So i will spend my time and money on those who appreciate my business .

Such a shame but being in interntional management for years i have never seen that type of behavior or given that type of behavior. I would be embarrassed to . I never had employees who acted like that ever in my whole life.

It was sad that the manager and the district manager are not aware of the new zero tolerance bullying law that was passed. I heard she had given trouble also of the same type to an employees mother also...So this is at least twice now ...Red flags are showing ...

There is MORE to this "story" than you are telling...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

What are you leaving out?  NO apology from the manager and he reiterates you are NOT to shop there anymore? Not too likely unless you were using the five finger discount.  Pay for your purchases and you won't be "mortified."