Complaint Review: Market Trend Signals

• Updated: Mon, October 28, 2013

• Reported By: Walter — Maywood New Jersey
Market Trend Signals
3400 N Ashton Blvd, Suite 170, Lehi, Utah USA

Market Trend Signals Market Harbinger Institute, LLCTrends University Recurring billings for previously cancelled subscriptions Lehi Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Virtual Accounts benefit all concerned

*Author of original report: Market Trend Signal Makes good

In Sep 2012 I purchased products and services from Market Trend Institute (which I never fully received). I was billed $99.00 by Market Harbinger Institute. After several complaints they refunded my money. However, a year later they somehow obtained my new credit card number from the bank and billed me $99.00 for a "recurring" subscription even though I never received any products or services. Also I never authorized the 2013 billing. They apparently fraudulently obtained my information from the bank and billed me again. This is a new type of scam that banks apparently allow to propagate when they permit unscrupulous companies to bill for charges on a recurring basis even though no services are provided. Market Harbinger Institute and Market Trend Signals apparently used the wording in their ad which talks about an "annual subscription" as their authorization to bill customers every year unless they cancel "every year". The fact that a customer cancels an order does not prevent this company from collecting YEARLY regardless of any previous cancellations. Please be forewarned and please check your monthly credit card charges carefully. Market Trend Signals and Market Harbinger Institute found a way to bill me on 2 different credit card numbers for these yearly subscriptions which and for products I never fully received.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2013 08:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Market-Trend-Signals/Lehi-Utah-84043/Market-Trend-Signals-Market-Harbinger-Institute-LLCTrends-University-Recurring-billings-1095296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Market Trend Signals

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Virtual Accounts benefit all concerned

AUTHOR: Blake - ()

Glad that worked out.

I have found Citibank MasterCard's "Virtual Account Number" very useful in doing business with someone new. It will generate a new card number which can be good for onlyi a certain amount, and for as little as 2 months, if you want.

Unfortunately Discover discontinued their version of this service. With credit card fraud / errors on the rise, we should be looking for MORE, not LESS, of such features. I hope  you will do the same and if  you don't have Citibank credit cards, pressure your credit card company to provide this very sensible on-line feature.

Market Trend Signal Makes good

AUTHOR: Walter - ()

In my previous report of September 2013 I filed a complaint regarding charges that had been posted to my credit card without my knowledge and authorization by Market Trend Signal and their Associated company Market Harbinger Institute.

I'm pleased to report that I have been contacted several times by the company's owner and have worked out the issues that prompted me to write the report.  Part of the problem is that subscribing with one company often results in bills being charged by another company.  Another issue is the way credit card companies credit your accounts and then reissue new accounts on which the transactions reappear.

Needless to say, I believe that Market Trend Signal had made good on their promises to refund all charges without any difficulty and with a service that is actually commendable. They have shown concern for the problems caused and have followed up on a regular basis.

The automatic billing to which I referred was actually a charge that appeared on the anniversary of another transaction that had been done and cancelled a year ago thus causing additional confusion.

A word of advice to potential subscribers - don't be afraid to contact the company in case of any difficulties, they will deal with you promptly and fairly and will work with you.

As to paying by credit cards, use disposable ones or gift cards.  This eliminates a lot of problems. Banks will sometimes work with you and sometimes they will work against you.  They are quite unpredictable.