Complaint Review: MARKETING FOR SUNSET GROUP(M4SG) - CANCUN TRAVEL UNLIMITED/ CANCUN TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL -SUNSET HOTEL

• Submitted: Tue, March 02, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, March 02, 2010

• Reported By: denise — Texas United States of America
Cancun, Select State/Province United States of America

MARKETING FOR SUNSET GROUP(M4SG) -CANCUN TRAVEL UNLIMITED/ CANCUN TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL -SUNSET HOTEL sunset royal, sunset lagoon, BC Lagoon VIP, Vip travel Club They will not honor your cancelation even if it is with in 5 days, which I didn't know about... Cancun, Mexico

I just purchased a small pkg from Sunset group on Friday 2/26/2010 there were a lot of promises on paper and verbal, it sounded good so I agreed. Then when the final contract came out for signature I noticed that one main sales point was not listed. When I inquired about it the lady told me that it was there and pointed to one of the clauses awaiting my initials. I read it and mentioned that it was not expressed the same as it was on the original papers during negotiating. She took out some papers that I had already gone over with her and said that it was all explained between these two places and then she took out the original paper (ones used during negotiating) and said see this one will also stay here with these papers all in your file with us. I went back to my room and didn't feel right about it, but was too exhausted, after spending 5 hours with them, to go over at that point.

The next day I went on my partially paid for excursion. Then on Sunday I just had a know in my gut and took out the contract and read it over several times to confirm what it said. So Bright and early on Monday morning I headed over to Sunset Royal where the sales office was pretty much closed. I told them that I wanted to terminate my contract and would accept even a partial refund of deposit. This would start another 4 hour trek of reassurances and promises. By the time I was finished I was in a lesser contract with the same deposit, but with credit card slips printed out for the rest of the agreed amount. I got home a midnight last night and hit the computer for information on this company and found this website, where all of you are having horrific problems with them. Ok I, at this point don't care about the deposit I just don't want to go through with the rest of it. I will change my credit card as well and file with Visa, but is there anything else we can do???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2010 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MARKETING-FOR-SUNSET-GROUPM4SG-CANCUN-TRAVEL-UNLIMITED-CANCUN-TRAVEL-INTERNATIONAL-SUNSET-HOTEL/Cancun-Select-StateProvince-/MARKETING-FOR-SUNSET-GROUPM4SG-CANCUN-TRAVEL-UNLIMITED-CANCUN-TRAVEL-INTERNATIONAL-SU-576755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MARKETING FOR SUNSET GROUP(M4SG) - CANCUN TRAVEL UNLIMITED/ CANCUN TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL -SUNSET HOTEL