Complaint Review: MARLO FURNITURE

• Submitted: Sat, April 24, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, April 24, 2010

• Reported By: Anonymous — Alexandria Virginia United States of America
5650 General Washington Dr Alexandria, Virginia United States of America

MARLO FURNITURE - Deer Hunter Furniture Horrible Customer Service/Management Alexandria Virginia

Marlo Furniture at 5650 General Washington Dr. has the worst management and customer service. I first went to Marlo Furniture 4/16/2010 and purchased a reclining sofa and chair from the Deer Hunter portion of the store. Although the sales person had no problem selling me the furniture Marlo contracts the delivery service and has no control nor seems to care IF the delivery service never shows up. My furniture was supposed to be delivered 4/17/2010 but when I called the delivery person he DID NOT EVEN pick up his phone. I called the person who sold me the furniture who called the delivery person and only after he talked to him would he pick up the phone however I did not receive my furniture so I cancelled the order on 4/17/2010 for a full refund. The next day, I received a call from the salesperson stating he talked to (VICKY) manager and she apologized for what happened and if I would come back and allow them to sale me the same furniture it would be delivered 4/24/2010. My first thought was to say HELL NO, however once again the salesperson assured me my furniture would be delivered by their regular (Marlo) delivery service. Because I had to wait for the funds to get back into my account I paid for the furniture as well as the 5 yr protection plan on 4/28/2010. I was told I would get a call in the AM on Friday 4/23/2010 confirming my delivery. I called the store 8 different times!!! They have folks answering the phone who do not speak English, cannot take messages, do not try to help and their main office customer service is HORRIBLE!!! Management of this company has NO CLUE and I WOULD NEVER ATTEMPT OR RECOMMEND THIS MARLO STORE OR ANY OTHER IN THE DC/VA/MD AREA, TRUST ME although the prices are reasonable YOU WILL REGRET YOU EVER WALKED INTO THE STORE!!! I have written a letter to management as well as the BBB, this company should be SHUT DOWN COMPLETELY. What a horrible experience but in the end I am sure I will be grateful that I did not purchase from MARLO!!! What was more amazing than anything is the fact that the cashier who processed my return said 3rd time might be the charm...and laughed!!! Although the manager Vicky was very nice and understood my frustration, she has no control or power to take care of ME the customer!!! The salesman - Archie Parker will make the sale regardless to rather it will be delivered or not!! Great person I am sure however the sale is what matters most and HE ALSO HAVE NO WAY TO ENSURE YOU EVER RECEIVE YOUR PROPERTY!!! My advice, read the reviews, makes sure you understand that WHILE EVERYONE IS VERY NICE WHEN YOU ARE BUYING AFTER THEY RECEIVE YOUR MONEY NOTHING ELSE WILL MATTER!!! Management should also know that most of your customer service DOES NOTHING ALL DAY AND PHONES RING WITH NO RESPONSE, what a joke!!! Salespersons blame delivery, delivery folks say they don't get the paperwork and THE CUSTOMER SUFFER!!! Pay the extra money and deal with professionals. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2010 06:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MARLO-FURNITURE/Alexandria-Virginia-/MARLO-FURNITURE-Deer-Hunter-Furniture-Horrible-Customer-ServiceManagement-Alexandria-V-596091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MARLO FURNITURE