Complaint Review: Marlow Furniture

• Submitted: Sat, March 08, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, March 08, 2008

• Reported By:Falls Church Virginia
Marlow Furniture
5650 General Washington Dr Springfield, Virginia U.S.A.

Marlow Furniture My Beautiful Deep Red Couch Springfield Virginia

I went into the Marlows in Alexandria VA, from whom I have purchased furniture before. I found the love seat I wanted in a beautiful deep reddish pink. My salesman Perry Farrow check to see that it was in stock and drew up the paper work for me. I wanted to take one of two matching pillows, that came with my purchase, home with me in order to pick wall paint to go with the couch.

Perry would not allow this, even though I had paid for the pillows with my order. I then asked the manager who was very rude about it. As I walked out the door I noticed the couch color on the sales slip said "orange". The couch did not seem orange to me at all, but I figured that Perry had checked it well and that it was just a name for a color.

Two days later Perry called me at work saying there was a problem and that he would get back to me.

The delivery company kept calling each day and saying, if you are not at your residence on the day of the delivery you will be charged anyway. This was very unfriendly in terms of customer communication. Finally Perry called and said he had made a mistake that the couch I ordered was never in stock and that they were not being produced anymore, so I couldn't get what I wanted. At this point I was furious because I had planned my whole decor around this beautiful color I had picked out at Marlow. Perry assured me that my credit card would be credited.

The next day the delivery company called again, warning me to be at my house...or else. I called and called trying to tell them there was nothing to deliver and they BETTER NOT deliver the ORANGE couch.

Now it is two weeks later and I see that the charge is still on my credit card. In fact I have made a payment, which was due, and it most likely included the bogus charge from Marlow.

I have made 5 phone calls this morning to check on the removal of this charge. One was to Marlow of Alex. with no answer. One was to head quarters for problems and they informed me that I HAD to call the store where I bought the couch. I then called the store again and left a message on Perry Farrow's phone. He never called, so I called the Alexandria store again and they never picked up again. I finally called the Alexandria store and chose the menu item which connected me with the 301- number again for problems.

This time I got a human voice. (Remember all of these calls were around 10:30 am to 11:30 am, so the store COULD NOT have been so busy that ALL 30 of the employees that I saw there the day I went in, could have been so busy that they couldn't pick up the phone.) This time the real voice put me on hold and I waited 12 minutes before calling her back. I got the same woman and asked if she had hung up on me. She said she hadn't hung up on anyone. She asked me how much the charge was for, so now I knew for sure that this was the same women. She put me on hold again, then came back and said that, "yes, the charge has not been removed from my card and that she would email the Alex. store to tell them to do that".

IS THAT THE BEST WAY YOU FOLKS CAN DO BUSINESS?? I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A BUNCH OF INEPT SLACKERS. I am going to tell everyone I do business with, and I work for the NAVY, not to use your store, or Marlo in general.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. Yes, people want lower prices, but not with the side effects I have described here. YOU BETTER GIVE YOUR SALES PERSONNEL A COURSE ON HOW TO READ THE COMPUTER LISTING THAT SAYS IF SOMETHING IS IN STOCK OR NOT. AND ALSO GIVE THEM ALL A WAKE UP SHAKE. DID ANYONE GET A COURSE ON SALESMANSHIP 101??

Also, the manager at the Alexandria store was very rude about not letting me take the matching pillow off the floor, when I had just paid $562.16 for the couch and two pillows. It may be store policy, but maybe she could have been more polite or maybe store policy should be changed to allow a little pillow to go out in order to satisfy an excited customer who would like to go to the paint store and get started on her decorating project.

I hope to see my account credited by later today or Monday at the latest.

Dot G
Falls Church, Virginia

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Marlo Furniture

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2008 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlow-Furniture/Springfield-Virginia-22312/Marlow-Furniture-My-Beautiful-Deep-Red-Couch-Springfield-Virginia-315977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlow Furniture