Complaint Review: MARRIOTT

• Updated: Tue, March 04, 2014

• Reported By: Gerry — tyler Texas
MARRIOTT
1501 GAYLORD TRAIL GRAPEVINE, Texas USA

MARRIOTT GAYLORD TEXAN UNDISCLOSED RESORT FEES WERE CHARGED TO MY CREDIT CARD,WHITHOUT DISCLOSING THAT THEY WERE GOING TO CHARGE ME GRAPEVINE Texas

*General Comment: Take Responsibility ........

*Author of original report: Pied Piper

*Consumer Comment: Put On Your Big Boy Pants

I went on priceline and named my own price for a hotel room in Dallas Texas.   Gaylord Texan accepted my bid.  When I got to the Gaylord Texan, I checked in and I was asked for my credit card.  I asked why did she need my credit card and I was told it was for incedentals(phone calls,room service, & movies).  So I gave it to her.

When I checked out 2 days later I found that the Gaylord Texan had charged me a resort fee.  But I did not agree to a resort fee when I checked into the Hotel.  Well I was told sorry.

I called 866-435-7627(Marriott Parent company)and talked to Lynn who is in the marriott business office and was told sorry but this is a standard practice with the Gaylord Texan and I would not get a refund.  I tried to explain that it is not right that a company should be able to charge a fee without letting you know what the amount would be and all she did was keep talking over me and holding the company line.  So I asked to talk to a supervisor and was transfer to Corlette who was even more steadfast in holding the company line.She even went so far as to tell me "if I you had gone directly to the hotel web site to book the hotel, then you would have seen the resort charge".  Well I tried to explain that the resort fee should have been included in the bid amount to no avail.

I have read many reveiws and have heard many others who are not happy with this practice.  I even noticed that the FTC is beginning to look into this practice.  And they should.  Marriott be up front with your fees.  Stop trying to under hand your way into a few extra bucks.  You would get more business by doing the right thing!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MARRIOTT/GRAPEVINE-Texas-76051/MARRIOTT-GAYLORD-TEXAN-UNDISCLOSED-RESORT-FEES-WERE-CHARGED-TO-MY-CREDIT-CARDWHITHOUT-DI-1128308. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MARRIOTT

#1 General Comment

Take Responsibility ........

AUTHOR: Pied Piper - ()

Because you didn't ask the FINAL PRICE ..... they're responsible in your opinion. One of Life's lessons ...... Learned a bit late. "its YOUR responsibility to determine the final price .... with all taxes and fees".

Pied Piper

AUTHOR: Gerry - ()

Pied Piper=Idiot who goes along with things because they are notorious for doing them.  If we use your rebuttal correctly then put on your pants that someone s*** in and be happy to wear them!

Put On Your Big Boy Pants

AUTHOR: Pied Piper - ()

Grow up ...... put on your BIG BOY pants.

The travel industry is notorious for their add-on fees.

Now you're cryng foul ..... its YOUR responsibility to determine the final price .... with all taxes and fees.