Complaint Review: Martin & Lane

• Reported By: Richard — Austin Texas
Martin & Lane
1200 Smith Street Houston, Texas USA

Martin & Lane, Susan Lane Employment Services Houston Texas

As with the other two people who posted current reports on this "company," I too am a job seeker and have been searching the Internet.

I came across a job on another employment site that seemed like a good fit for me. The money and benefits were also good, almost too good. This should have been my first flag. I did the initial application for the job.

The following day I received and e-mail from Susan Lane, exactly like the one Hipichic1971 reported getting, except the salary reported had gone up $5k. So just as Hipichic1971 did went onto their "official looking" site to complete the application. And just as he did I signed onto the CreditReport.com site as well. Flag #2.

And too, how convenient that their closest office to me is 3 hours away by car. And that their business is not registered in that, or any other city that I can find.

If you do not have a Credit Report/ID Alert site account in your name, and you have tried to do business with Martin & Lane, you'd better sign up for one ASAP. I have not seen any credit activity on my accounts as of this date, save for the CreditReport.com (Experian,) but they are not doing this for fun, I'm sure.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2013 06:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Martin-Lane/Houston-Texas-77002/Martin-Lane-Susan-Lane-Employment-Services-Houston-Texas-1072360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Martin & Lane