Museum

• Updated: Fri, January 15, 2010

• Reported By: Bill — Orange County New York United States of America
Martin R. Goldberg
225 Dolson Avenue Middletown, New York United States of America

Martin R. Goldberg Marty Goldberg Divorce Attorney Ripped Me Off and Refused to Return Retainer Middletown, New York

Martin Goldberg, AKA Marty Goldberg is an Orange County, New York attorney based in Middletown, New York. Marty took on my divorce case. I gave Mr. Goldberg at $250 consulting fee. I later hired him and gave him a check for $4500. Mr. Goldberg boasted how he was much cheaper than my wife's attorney Michelle Ellerin but offered the best counsel available.

My wife's attorney Michelle Ellerin sent Mr. Goldberg requests for pertinent financial documents. She also scheduled depositions for my wife and I. Goldberg's office answered a few authorization requests and sent and answered a few notices to produce. Very minor stuff. I never heard one word from him.

After over two months without a court appearance, deposition or any major litigation I received a bill for over $3100.00 and a request for another $3000.00. The bill was outrageous. I was billed 45 minutes to review a document that took me five minutes to read, review and understand. There was more of this bill padding throughout. I spoke to my wife and we compared bills. Her attorney had done twice the amount of work including time in court for considerably less money.

He never once contacted me to ask me why I was getting divorced or what type of custody arrangement I wanted. I requested to be contacted via email. His secretary didn't know how to use email. I gave them my address three times. They kept telling me I gave them the wrong account. Finally I contacted them at their address and it worked fine however they persisted to call me on my cell phone. They contacted me for trivial things but omitted to tell me they were sending me time sensitive materials in the mail.

I contacted Marty Goldberg's office to complain about his services and billing practices. His assistant Lillian refused to listen to me and was combative when I challenged the bill. I requested that Mr. Goldberg contact me immediately and I was told that he would be in court and wouldn't be able to speak to me for five days?????Mr. Goldberg refused to send me the remainder of my retainer. I paid $4750.00 for nothing. I am now without an attorney, going broke and facing this battle without counsel.

I am not an unreasonable person. I realize that good counsel can be costly. This attorney did not provide the services that he billed me for and kept the rermainder of my retainer when I fired him. Mr. Goldberg totally ripped me off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2010 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Martin-R-Goldberg/Middletown-New-York-10924/Martin-R-Goldberg-Marty-Goldberg-Divorce-Attorney-Ripped-Me-Off-and-Refused-to-Return-Ret-555035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Martin R. Goldberg