Complaint Review: Marv's Body Shop

• Updated: Wed, October 09, 2013

• Reported By: JohnT — Sioux Falls South Dakota
Marv's Body Shop
300 South Cleveland Avenue Sioux Falls, South Dakota USA

Marv's Body Shop does substandard work and has rude and unprofessional owners. I had a horrible experience at Marv's Body Shop in trying to get a 2010 car repaired correctly. Sioux Falls South Dakota

My car (jointly owned with my daughter) had been rear ended and the other driver's insurance was paying for the repairs (about $2500). Marv's painting was just poor. The color did not match (on a 3 year old car) and the alignment of the replacement parts was off. When I pointed this out, they gave me conflicting stories about what was happening. One other customer who was waiting in the parking lot told me the paint looked wrong to him too. Evan said they would “blend in the paint” then the next day said “we can’t blend VW paint” then sometime later said they would blend it. After several attempts, the car still looked mismatched and Marv and Mark both claimed it was acceptable, even though I pointed out the misaligned trunk hatch, bumper, and places where the paint and finish obviously do not match. They were obstreperous, rude, and mean spirited. Marv himself threatened me by saying, "If you complain about our work, your insurance company will drop you." I reminded him it was not our insurance company which was paying for the work, but rather the insurance for the car which hit us. Marv replied, "It doesn't matter, they will dump you." Marv was trying to intimidate me into not reporting his bad pain and poor body work. It was not an acceptable job. It looked crummy. The next day, I took our car to three different body shops. All three said the car was NOT properly repaired and repainted. They told me it was "not up to industry standards" and it "was a very poor paint match" and "there are parts which were not installed, and should have been." This on the car which Marv's Body Shop said was properly repaired and repainted. So it was not just me, the professionals said the car needed to be redone. So now I am on the waiting list to get the car done properly. I will never use Marv's Body Shop again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2013 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marvs-Body-Shop/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57103/Marvs-Body-Shop-does-substandard-work-and-has-rude-and-unprofessional-owners-I-had-a-ho-1090614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marv's Body Shop