Complaint Review: Massage Envy Lake Ridge VA

• Updated: Sun, January 15, 2012

• Reported By: Roseanna — Woodbridge Virginia United States of America
Massage Envy Lake Ridge VA
2219 Old Bridge Road Woodbridge, Virginia United States of America

Massage Envy Lake Ridge VA Double Charged--Admits Mistake-Refuses to Refund!!! Woodbridge , Virginia

Called to reserve a time and informed them I would be paying for my session with a Massage Envy Gift card that had no expiration date. Was told I needed to give a credit card number to "reserve" the time slot. (Big Red Flag, I know). When I was there, they didn't get my name right even once, not even close to right, but two weeks later the full price of an hour massage, which the gift card had covered, was charged on my American Express bill.

I called, and the 'manager' admitted to the "mistake" but told me she could not refund the money. I called American Express and they said since I could not persuade Massage Envy to admit I had paid using a gift card they would have to reinstate the charge to my card with interest. Many phone calls and visits later, two months, and no resolution.  I have seen all over the web that they do this.

Since they didn't get my name right while I was there, I'm astonished that they managed to get my credit card number right. But at this point, I'm surprised they didn't ask for my social and my mother's maiden name to top it all off.

Since I've seen online that they have a habit of charging over and over again,  I have gotten a new card and make everyone I know aware of their shady practices. Come on, there are lots of places to get a good massage. Let's not keep these rip-off artists in business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2012 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Massage-Envy-Lake-Ridge-VA/Woodbridge-Virginia-22192/Massage-Envy-Lake-Ridge-VA-Double-Charged-Admits-Mistake-Refuses-to-Refund-Woodbridge-823114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Massage Envy Lake Ridge VA