Complaint Review: MASSAGE ENVY

• Reported By: upset in Cumming — cumming Georgia United States of America
MASSAGE ENVY
(678) 208-2888 CUMMING, Georgia United States of America

MASSAGE ENVY YOU'LL GET THE RUN AROUND HERE!!! CUMMING, Georgia

I opened a membership for my husband over the phone almost 2 years ago. I did not receive a contract nor did I physically see or sign one (didn't know there was one).

Last May, I pulled up the Massage Envy website to find information on canceling the membership but there was no information so I called the Massage Envy in Cumming for more information. The lady that answered said that there was a 30 day notice, she had canceled it but I would be billed one more time for June and his membership would expire June 28, 2011.

You guessed it - I continued to be billed so I called the location a second time but this time was told that cancellations must be done in person by filling out a cancellation form. Since I pass this location twice a day on my way to & from work, that was not an issue. However when I went up there, I was advised that they would not refund me for the 2 months they incorrectly charged me due to the misinformation I had been given on my call in May.

I went to the location that day & signed a cancellation form to stop future drafts noting the cancellation form that I had canceled in May. I knew that we would lose all unused massages (at that time 11 of them - $550 worth!) but it was worth it to stop the hemoraging! What I did not know is that because their front desk staff is either incompetent or loves giving misinformation, they would not refund $100 that they erroneously charged. Very upset that they didn't just tell me to come up there the 1st time I called...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2011 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MASSAGE-ENVY/CUMMING-Georgia-30041/MASSAGE-ENVY-YOULL-GET-THE-RUN-AROUND-HERE-CUMMING-Georgia-794403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MASSAGE ENVY