boating

• Reported By: LeiannaBoley — seattle Washington United States of America
massage envy
17214 Redmond Way redmond, Washington United States of America

massage envy Do not become a member redmond, Washington

*Author of original report: i appreciate the redmond massage envy manager working with me.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Owner's Response

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Are You Real?

Mediocre massages and less than mediocre customer service at this particular site.

*BEFORE YOU SIGN UP KNOW THIS* that when you want or need to cancel, they require a 30 day notice- and you will be charged one more month after that- and you have only the next 30 days to use the massages you have already paid for, no matter how many that may be. Also you can only gift on massage a month with a $10 fee. And you cannot cash out your unused massages.

In my example I was just let go at work. I called massage envy to cancel my monthly membership. And I was told that I had to come in or email my cancelation request-fine. Also that I will be charged one more time, and I only have the next 30 days to use the 4.5 massages I have already paid for at $60 a pop. So because I am unemployed now and cannot afford to pay the monthly fee of $60, I have to still pay another $60 and only have 30 days to use 4.5 massages or lose out on $270.

Does anyone agree with this business model? Since I paid when I signed up and the massages and monthly charges started then, how is it that I have to pay one more time, but do not get a massage out of that? And how is it that I have paid in full $270 worth of unused massages that massage envy will not honor after 30days?

Well I can tell you that I will never sign up with this company again. Nor will they ever see any more of my money.

A better deal is going through your insurance and getting massage at the co pay rate. Or network on FB or CL, there are plenty of really good massage therapists out there looking for more work. And then you can truly know that you are getting what you pay for with no contracts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 07:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/massage-envy/redmond-Washington-98052/massage-envy-Do-not-become-a-member-redmond-Washington-993043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on massage envy

i appreciate the redmond massage envy manager working with me.

AUTHOR: LeiannaB - (United States of America)

A manager has contacted me. she waived my last payment and massage. also she informed me i had an additional month to use my pre-paid massages. I do believe that the person i spoke with originally was very out of line. she apparently did not actually know all the infomation and should have passed me to a manager to begin with. having said all that, i still will not get back into a contract with this organization. i should not have had to write poor reviews just to get proper customer service. thank you,

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Owner's Response

AUTHOR: MassageEnvyWA - (United States of America)

Hi Leianna,

First, I would like to make it clear that the response to this post entitled "Are you real?" is not, as it states, written by the owner of the Redmond Massage Envy clinic. We would never speak to you or anyone else in such a rude and insensitive manner and have no association with that author.

Second, in regards to your report, we would really appreciate the opportunity to continue this conversation with you. Please send us an email at clinic0015 (at) massageenvy.com with these details and your preferred method of contact (email or phone) and we'll be in touch!

Massage Envy Redmond

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Are You Real?

AUTHOR: freddyo - (USA)

So you enroll in a plan which requires you to pay at least 6 or 12 months, etc. and because you lose your job the agreement just lets you walk away & bring the agreement which you executed?

Are you kidding me? let me ask you a few questions. Does a mortgage company just let you stop making monhly payments if you lose your job? How about any car payments? Credit card bills just let you stop making payments because you have no job?

So you think that since you lost your job, which by the way is normally the fault of the person who is fired, you think that businesses which you have contractually agreed to pay should just say "No problem. We are so sorry that you got caught stealing from the company & lost your job. Why don't we take the loss, break the agreement which we both executed, and just give you a pass. Will that be OK with you?"

So, what I suggest is to read the agreement which you signed, honor it, take responisbility for your own actions, decisions, and circumstances, and stop blaming everyone but yourself. Be an adult-take responsibility for your own life, then get another job & don't screw it up this time.