Complaint Review: Master Matchmakers

• Submitted: Tue, September 04, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 03, 2012

• Reported By: Stephanie — Philadelphia Pennsylvania United States of America
Master Matchmakers
2 Penn Center Plaza, Suite 200 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Master Matchmakers I Was Overcharged & Feel Totally Scammed and Ripped off by Master Matchmakers Service Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Disagreement Settled

*General Comment: 2,500 for dating>?

*Consumer Comment: Response on coaching

*Author of original report: Requirements and Fees

*Consumer Comment: Great experience!

*Author of original report: Clarification of Title & Content

In Oct. 2011, I paid $2,500 for Master Matchmakers Services after speaking to Ilee Ward Finocchiaro. I knew in my gut that I should have never said yes when I spoke to her but I did it anyway. (shame on me!-Trust Your Gut for anyone reading this) I later found out through various people that they were charged $1,000 less than I was for the same amount of service/offering. So I feel totally scammed and feel ripped off.

Basically, what they do to find matches for you and to recruit men as members is to sift through websites like Match.com and others to find prospective matches for you. If I had known that from the beginning, I could have paid $30 a month for match.com and done that myself. I was 'sold' into believing that the actual matchmakers would get to know me personally and that they would get to know the guy personally, sort of what you would think of as 'old school matchmaking'. No, the matchmakers never really talk to you personally at all for the most part. It's all done via email. You do talk to a coach who will then relay your 'wish list' of what you are looking for to the matchmakers and it all goes in a database. There are times when human interaction is better than technology-I would think Matchmaking would be one of them!

They told me that there is another great benefit which was the ongoing ability to have access to their own selective database of men. I thought wow, this would be a great on-going benefit. Boy, I sure feel as though I was sold a bill of goods!! When I put in a 50 mile radius of my home and extend the search to include men 5 years younger and five years older, ONLY 10 men are listed in the database. Thats only 10 men within 7,854 sq. miles of my home within a 10 year age range. Pathetic. I was told only 30% of the men are on the database, if that is true, then a mere 31 men would be the grand total. Again, pathetic and don't fall for that 'sales pitch' consumers- Ask specifically how many are in the database in your geography! And by the way, I live only 5 miles from their Headquarters which is where a reasonable person would think they would have the most clients. Wrong!

I have tried to get a refund because I felt I was overcharged and from my perspective received no where close to $2500 worth of services. They have not reimbursed one penny.

Please don't let this happen to you! I would not recommend Master Matchmakers 'match-making services' unless you were too lazy to go on Match.com and other sites to do basically the same thing they do for thousands more.  I am hoping that maybe my bad experience can save others from wasting their money and being overcharged and overpromised a service that isn't all what they make it to be in the 'sales pitch'.

I could make a list of other mishaps that happened....for example, I specifically wrote in my profile and told/stressed to all staff at Master Matchmakers that I interacted with that I wanted to have children. Two of the men they sent me to did not want to have children. To me, that is basic match making 101 and my desire to meet someone who also wanted to start a family was ignored. I NEVER told them or wrote to them or even hinted at the fact that I did 'not' want to start a family but they took it upon themselves to assume otherwise & decided that what I wanted didn't matter. Interesting, don't you think...

Please be careful and ask as many questions as you can when dealing with Master Matchers or any other match making service. And if their 'verbal' sales pitch sounds a bit exaggerated, make sure to trust your gut. Good luck to you all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2012 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Master-Matchmakers/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19102/Master-Matchmakers-I-Was-Overcharged-Feel-Totally-Scammed-and-Ripped-off-by-Master-Matc-936733. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Master Matchmakers

Disagreement Settled

AUTHOR: Stephanie - (United States of America)

I wanted to update this complaint and state that I was able to come to a resolution with Master Matchmakers. Thank you, Stephanie.

#2 General Comment

2,500 for dating>?

AUTHOR: Lekaimadh - (USA)

Sh* who pays two and half grand just for dating. Have you heard of craigslist its free. Sh* I'd date you for free! LOL!

Response on coaching

AUTHOR: Anthony - (United States of America)

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response. I actually paid more than $2500 to work with Master Matchmakers. I received 5 coaching sessions and I did not pay for them to actually match me. They made me a part of their client base and did introduce me to some really nice men. I found the coaching to be extremely helpful! I have stayed in touch with my coach even though I am now in love. She has been a great advocate and has  been very supportive.

I hope you find luck in your search for love.

Courtney

Requirements and Fees

AUTHOR: Stephanie - (United States of America)

Thank you for sharing your experience Courtney. I only wish I had the same experience but I am honestly very happy for you...I'm envious of your great experience.

Were you required to purchase a $2,500 (4) hour "Coaching Package" prior to being able to purchase a 'Matchmaking/guaranteed matchmaking' package?

I would appreciate your honest response and experience as it relates to this particular question.  Thank you.

Have a Blessed Day,

Great experience!

AUTHOR: Anthony - (United States of America)

I have used Mastermatchmakers in the past and they actually matched me with the love of my life and actually changed my entire outlook on life with their coaching process. Ironically, I had the same sales consultant, Ilee Finocchiaro, and she was everything but a pushy salesperson. She listened to me, understood my position, guided me through the process and made good on all of the promises of her and her company. The proof is in my marriage and my relationship. I have referred many friends and family members to this company and to Ilee and can't think of one unsatisfied experience.

I think sometimes we all need someone to blame for our inadequate traits. We should sometimes look in the mirror and remember that things don't happen to us... Things happen because of us!

I love Ilee and mastermatchmakers for what they've taught me and for introducing me to my husband and my true soul mate. Life is too short to be bitter.

Remember to first love yourself , then your chances of finding love will increase.

Sincerely, and happily in love,

Courtney

Clarification of Title & Content

AUTHOR: Stephanie - (United States of America)

1. Please add the words "I feel" before the word 'Master Matchmakers' in the Title Heading

2. Please note that these are my personal feelings in my personal experience with Master Matchmakers, I wish any of you reading this a better experience.

3. Please note the words "I feel" in front of ALL sentences that I speak about any of my recommendations, experience or beliefs about Master Matchmakers.