Complaint Review: Match.com

• Reported By: phillyforreally — Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Match.com
8300 Douglas Ave., Ste. 800 Dallas, Texas USA

Match.com Cancelled my account for no valid reason. Dallas Texas

*Author of original report: Legal doesn't mean right

*Consumer Comment: Not a rip-off

I created my account on December 26th 2013.  I spent my own time filling out my profile, contacted a few members, and all of a sudden without warning, on the 27th, the next day, my account was terminated.  I got no emails, no warnings, nothing..I emailed them multiple times, and they finally came back with the fact that my account was closed for violating their TOS.  I have not done anything against their rules.  I'm a serious individual and they have offended me by taking this action.  I demanded they tell me what was it that I did to cause this to happen, they did not reply.  They wasted all my time and energy for nothing, and I will do everything I can to make this fact known to as many people as possible to protect others from the same abuse I endured.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2013 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Matchcom/Dallas-Texas-75225/Matchcom-Cancelled-my-account-for-no-valid-reason-Dallas-Texas-1111246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Match.com

Legal doesn't mean right

AUTHOR: phillyforreally - ()

Who are you to say how long it took me to fill out my profile?  What if I spent 3 years preparing my text for my profile before putting it in here?  How did I not suffer abuse?  What if I contacted some members and one of them would be my future wife but will now never speak to me again under any circumstances because I'm not able to see their responses if they sent any because I can't access my account and they could think I'm rejecting them by not responding to them?  Sure it's legal for any company to refuse service to anyone for any reason, but does that make it right?  How do you know I didn't spend hundreds of dollars for my clothing, setting and environment to take my profile picture?  I'm not being dramatic here.  I'm exercising my rights as a consumer.  Maybe I'll go the psychologist for the next 40 years because I will possibly stop trying to find a date because I was removed from this site.  Because like I said, I did not nothing wrong to be removed from there.  So who is going to pay $100 per hour for therapy if I choose to go down this route?  Who's being dramatic now?   This is reality, real people, real feelings, real psyches.

Not a rip-off

AUTHOR: coast - ()

“They wasted all my time and energy… protect others from the same abuse I endured.”

Don’t be so dramatic. It required only a few minutes and little energy to complete the profile. You did not suffer any abuse. A company has the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.