Complaint Review: match.com

• Submitted: Mon, October 25, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, November 25, 2010

• Reported By: Shellann — sAFTEY hARBOR Florida U.S.A.
match.com

match.com Scamming Money Again, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Match.com is a scam

I joined match.com for 3 months and when I went to cancel they offered me a special of 3 months for the price of 1 month to stay as a member, so I decided that I would give it another try. I did not have good luck the first time, but thought that perhaps my life circumstances were preventing me from using their services and would give it another shot. Just before my next 3 months were over, I logged into my account that I had not been using because of time constraints and other factors to cancel once again. I had another offer of staying for 3 more months for the price of 1 month and declined this time know that I did not want to be a member even if they paid me to be one.

I was very diligent about making sure that this cancelation went through as I have had 2 other girlfriends get raked over the coals by them in the past and had hundreds of dollars deducted from their accounts due to forgetting to cancel. They tried to get their money back as they were both in serious relationships and did not know of the policy that they were going to automatically renew if they did not physically go into their account and cancel themselves. The company is so shady that not only did they neglect to process my cancelation when I asked them to do so, they proceeded to take $50.98 out of my bank account that I was slowing starting to close and had very limited funds in it.

I got a notice from my bank for an overdraft and I was furious as I have never ever in my entire 35 years on this earth bounced a check or had to use overdraft protection. I called match.com and did get my $50.98 but after numerous calls numerous times, they refused to issue me a check for the $22 my bank charged me. I am very upset at the fact that match.com is scamming people out of their hard earned money. If I were on a very strict budget and needed that $22, then I could have had other financial difficulties paying my bills.

Match.com has become so greedy that they cannot even pay for trying to scam me out of my money. The said it was a technical glitch in the system and had happened to others. They refused to give me the overdraft fee from my bank and told me to call my bank and ask them to remove it. It is not fair that I had to spend my time calling them numerous times waiting on hold for long periods of time and talking to their incompetent employees let alone pick up the phone one more time and tell my bank that I was requesting they pay for match.com being a scammer.

Please beware before signing up with match.com. They need to do some serious quality control and get a grip on reality when they are the ones that made the mistake. Then think of all of the people that dont notice the glitch or just suck up the fees for lack of time or other reasons. Match.com is scamming people and they need to stop. Beware. Dont use their services. They will try and rob your money any way they can.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2010 12:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/matchcom/internet/matchcom-Scamming-Money-Again-Internet-654757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on match.com

Match.com is a scam

AUTHOR: Dallas Native - (USA)

I live in Dallas, TX where they are based and know an ex-employee of the company.  He told me the majority of the profiles on Match.com are bogus.  Match.com creates most of the profiles themselves to make it look like they have a lot more people signed up than they actually do.