Complaint Review: match.com

• Submitted: Sat, July 09, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, July 14, 2011

• Reported By: Peggy — Mount Rainier Maryland United States of America
match.com

match.com chemistry.com Match.com meat market no different than free dating sites, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Really now

Match.com is truly a ripoff.  Don't spend your money, you might as well burn it, they don't give refunds.  Signed up for match.com thinking because they charge money they must be better than the free meat markets online.  Boy was I ever wrong!  I've read some of the ripoff reports and they're right about emailing.  I've received no responses from any emails I've sent.  The first day I was on I must have gotten about 10 IMs, since then zero.  Then when my "daily matches" came in, I immediately realized I had a problem.  There were very few "matches" in the guys they selected.

Then I found out another thing:  the most important match, i.e., race and physical features that folks are looking for in their dates, were not matched FIRST.  Unbelievable.  Everyone knows that for most folks, it's all about the looks first.  Everyone knows that you can match up socially BUT if you're black, big and beautiful and he's looking for white, tall and toned, it will never work from the get-go.  So now when I get so-called matches, the first thing I look at is what they're physically looking for in their date.  I'm doing a lot of work that I thought I had paid Match.com to do.  Ditto with smokers v. non-smokers, drinkers v. non-drinkers, children, etc.  These characteristics are deal-breakers for most folks.

Also seems a lot of folks just leave those fields blank.  Match.com shouldn't allow that.  I hate that--it's wasting everybody's time.  Everybody should know whether or not they like a certain ethnicity for their date--this is no time to be "politically correct."  So fake.  And everybody should know what body types turn them on.  Again, fake.  Casting the net wide just looking for anybody and hoping to get somebody is not "matching" at all and a waste of time.  I might as well be on a free dating site.

Finally, the hard cross-selling of Chemistry.com is ridiculous.  If I wanted to use Chemistry.com I would have gone to their site and paid them.  Innocently I answered one of their flashing questions and the next thing I know, I was getting bombarded with emails from Chemistry.com 2, 3 times a day.  It took me a week to get them to stop emailing me with so-called "matches."

When I spoke to Match.com about these glaring problem with their match-making, and the unwanted bombardment from Chemistry.com, they seemed surprised that I had a problem with getting matches that aren't looking for persons with my PHYSICAL characteristics.  They responded by making me free offers to stay.  What a crock of ----.  I cancelled my renewal immediately.  Don't go for the madness, stay away from paid dating websites.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2011 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/matchcom/internet/matchcom-chemistrycom-Matchcom-meat-market-no-different-than-free-dating-sites-Interne-751152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on match.com

Really now

AUTHOR: Jocko - (U.S.A.)

I believe your being unfair to any internet dating site. Your comments put the blame on Match yet if you read your complaint the real answer is within your post. The guys your after are not looking for a BBW they are looking for thinner ladies. Of course its a shame since I am a White Male and while I am average looking there are those who look better than I do; yet its not the sites fault. I would be willing to bet that you have not replied to others emails within those dating sites because they visually did not appeal to you.

At the risk of sounding cruel, lose some weight and the replies will start. Don't blame someone because your larger and unfit. Todays man wants a smaller and fit woman.