Complaint Review: Matt Blatt Auto

• Updated: Mon, September 23, 2013

• Reported By: trekkingsheila16 — Berlin New Jersey
Matt Blatt Auto
501 Delsea Dr. North Glassboro, New Jersey USA

Matt Blatt Auto There's no truth in buying or service from Matt Blatt Glassboro New Jersey

*Author of original report: backbone?

*Consumer Comment: The Answer To One Question Solves All

We bought our 2007 Cadillac CTS from Matt Blatt a year ago after basically being bullied by our sales man. This has been a hellish experience from the time we purchased the car to present with the nonstop repairs needing to be done on it. First let me start with the horrific sales staff at the Glassboro dealership. They know nothing about the cars and they tell you nothing about your loan. We went to them because they had the same car we just lost in an accident... a 2008 Dodge Charger. I contacted them through the website set my appt up to see the car and get there and the car isn't there. The CTS they said was similar and similarly priced. So even though we weren't thrilled with the car the guy pushed and pushed and would not show us another car telling us we wouldn't get approved for any other used car on the lot. We had no other car so we needed to buy a car ASAP. We were waiting for our settlement to come in still for the downpayment and made them aware of this right away. They told us they could send us home with the car if they could set a direct withdraw on a certain date and if the money wasn't there yet just call ahead of time. They tried to take the money a week early and bounced the e-check and refused to cover the fee. Then about a month later told us they messed the paperwork up and we had to return the car to them and we would have to do everything all over again, credit check and all. We got the car back again after all that aggrivation and they cracked our CTS symbol in half! When I pointed it out to the manager he made a joke to use crazy glue or bubble gum to put it back together. They never cleaned the car up for us either time or put gas in the car.

So now here we are a year later and close to $5000 in repairs and my husband is now at home waiting for a towtruck to take the car back to service again. In the last 4 months alone we have been through a $400 battery, $300 brake job, $80 oil changes, $2000 ($700 put out of pocket)engine repair, and by far the scariest would be the $1000 job to put our tires back facing the way they should. My husband was driving to visit his father and he turned a corner and began losing control not being able to get the car to turn... be stopped the car and got out to checkout the car and the front tires were facing eachother! He has to get gas every other day because the thing just burns gas like crazy. It's a 6 cylinder car, it should go at least a week on a tank of gas. Have I mentioned that the car doesn't even have 100K miles on it... and we have only put about 15k on it since we bought it. Oh and that we have a warrenty on it as well. Aside from the engine repair this warrenty hasn't covered anything else. We got the car back Thursday it's now Monday and it's going back to the shop, yesterday was the first time we drove it since we got it back and it's worse than when we brought it in. At this point I just want to get it in a condition that I can trade it in, even though we will have to tack about half of what we owe because the interest rate they didn't bother to disclose was so high that we haven't even really touched the financed amount yet. (Not that I didn't ask, they gave us a rate for biweekly direct withdraw but that's apparently not the same rate as what you pay when you just pay like a normal car loan... once a month). I have been turned off to used car buying for life. I just want out of this car... like yesterday!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2013 07:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Matt-Blatt-Auto/Glassboro-New-Jersey-08028/Matt-Blatt-Auto-Theres-no-truth-in-buying-or-service-from-Matt-Blatt-Glassboro-New-Jerse-1086590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Matt Blatt Auto

backbone?

AUTHOR: trekkingsheila16 - ()

I have never had a problem with having a backbone, I gave it back as much as they gave it... if I didn't I'd be paying twice the monthly payment I am now... but we did not have much choice at the time with who we could buy a car from. They were our last choice since we had 1 income and credit was not perfect. Can't NOT have a car. Never in my dreams did I think (outside of a buy here pay here dealership) I would have the problems that we've dealt with this past year. But thanks for the insult, very much appreciated. Don't judge someone you don't know mate, I'm giving facts from my experience to help others. No need for that.

The Answer To One Question Solves All

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

You said they treated you like garbage...even BEFORE the sale.  Why then did you play doormat and REWARD them for treating you like garbage by agreeing to purchase this problem car and therefore REWARD them by giving them profit?  Have you ever heard of "backbone"?  If your husband was there with you and he never flinched at this garbage treatment, perhaps next time you should bring his mother, aunt or sister.